Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check my post in this thread to see if its related: Charging question -- MS ignoring 24amp charging limit

Engineering should already be aware, but its not yet fixed as of 2.14.66.

GPS is super accurate when going forward, and continue forward when you go in reverse.
Thanks Kalud, sounds like this may be the problem. I have noticed GPS location even moving sideways at one point, but thought that was just a temporary bug.
I back out of the garage and back in to a charging spot at work every day... so I'll pay attention and will report back.

2.14.66 continues to roll out in a rather odd pattern. 130 reports in 48 hours, but barely anything since then (3 or 4 a day). Normally a "full" roll out gets us 300-400 reports, we have only 146 total for 2.14.66 (and only one of my two cars has received it, yet). It feels like it was pushed out to a lot of people but then suddenly throttled. And about half the installs trickling in the last few days where at service centers...

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
GPS is super accurate when going forward, and continue forward when you go in reverse.
Confirmed that this is indeed what is causing the location to be off. I didn't catch it before since I never look at nav screen while backing up because the rear camera always blocks it for me. I backed up a good amount before going home and parking and the car showed that I was in a different neighborhood parked in a pool!
Screenshot_20160323-170820.png

Another interesting thing was that the app sometimes jumped to the actual location of the car when I panned the view.

This update must be the real deal if they are pushing it even to lowly S60s with no fancy tech gadgets.
Except they're not pushing out updates to anyone anymore right now (again) anyway...

For now I choose to take an optimistic Apple launch-style approach to this odd situation we find ourselves in: Tesla could be scrambling to give us something special on/after the launch date eg. minutes after the Apple launch this week I was updating 2 devices to add new features. It's a highly effective way to connect with customers.

I reluctantly suggest that diminished TMC use has a part in this, D.
Partly due to 'new design' and mostly to lack of Tapatalk support.

I think if it is playing a part, it would be only a small one.

By now there is a pretty good core of people in the habit of getting updates and immediately updating the tracker. This core group would update the tracker with or without participation that day on TMC. So I think Dirk's assessment that the roll out was not a full blown release, based on the numbers, is almost certainly accurate.

I think if it is playing a part, it would be only a small one.

By now there is a pretty good core of people in the habit of getting updates and immediately updating the tracker. This core group would update the tracker with or without participation that day on TMC. So I think Dirk's assessment that the roll out was not a full blown release, based on the numbers, is almost certainly accurate.

I thought his whole post was tongue in cheek no?

No, not at all.

I really think there are a lot of people who are pretty devoted to using the tracker now, and don't need to be reminded of it. We get a firmware update and just know to update the tracker.

My post was completely serious.

No, I meant his post, I know you were serious. I could be wrong but I thought he was poking at the new forum design and lack of Tapatalk support as the reason for the lack of participation in reporting in a sort of joking way. Who knows.

No, I meant his post, I know you were serious. I could be wrong but I thought he was poking at the new forum design and lack of Tapatalk support as the reason for the lack of participation in reporting in a sort of joking way. Who knows.

In my haste to respond to you I had misread what you wrote. I read "his" as "this." My bad!

So to address what you actually said :) , I actually don't think his post was tongue in cheek either. I think to a small extent he was taking a little jab at the new forum design, but mainly he was suggesting that the numbers were lower than they had been in the past because participation here was lower right now. That would be a valid point if it were true that most of the data being entered into the tracker was driven there directly as a result of posts on TMC. But my point is that the tracker has largely taken on a life of its own, and while TMC and those of us here who like to remind people of it are clearly helping to keep it going, and to grow the user-base, there is a solid user-base now that is no longer dependent on TMC.

That's how I see it, anyway. I could be wrong.

Reactions: msnow
I actually don't think his post was tongue in cheek either. I think to a small extent he was taking a little jab at the new forum design, but mainly he was suggesting that the numbers were lower than they had been in the past because participation here was lower right now. That would be a valid point if it were true that most of the data being entered into the tracker was driven there directly as a result of posts on TMC. But my point is that the tracker has largely taken on a life of its own, and while TMC and those of us here who like to remind people of it are clearly helping to keep it going, and to grow the user-base, there is a solid user-base now that is no longer dependent on TMC.

That's how I see it, anyway. I could be wrong.
I'm still on here, getting used to the new design. But no update. And yes, even though I've only had my car since October, I know to type in "ev..." for the tracker to come up in my browser when I do get an update.

While I am no longer in this case, just a few months ago, I wouldn't be like Jennifer and remember the URL to the firmware site (even though I would immediately think of updating it). Instead, I would come here and find it in someone's signature. Well, in the new forum design, I no longer can see signatures from my phone and I do 90% of my TMC browsing from mobile. So if I hadn't advanced to Jennifer's level yet, the forum design would be preventing me from contributing to the firmware tracker.

Reactions: JenniferQ
... I actually don't think his post was tongue in cheek either. I think to a small extent he was taking a little jab at the new forum design, but mainly he was suggesting that the numbers were lower than they had been in the past because participation here was lower right now. That would be a valid point if it were true that most of the data being entered into the tracker was driven there directly as a result of posts on TMC. ... That's how I see it, anyway. I could be wrong.
You're right, A. My comment on Dirk's remarks was to be taken seriously.
No joking around here about important issues like firmware updates to our cars. Just don't get me started on all my reputation points getting ripped off, eleven bars, ponies and all. ;)

Anyone else on 2.13.103 still and notice that Autopilot no longer has speed restrictions? I don't regularly use it since so much of my driving is rural highways that were previously restricted and typically poorly labeled for speed limits so it would always get confused and pick a lower limit on occasion. Since it was so limited in release maybe a special test version for those of us out in the sticks?

Anyone else on 2.13.103 still and notice that Autopilot no longer has speed restrictions? I don't regularly use it since so much of my driving is rural highways that were previously restricted and typically poorly labeled for speed limits so it would always get confused and pick a lower limit on occasion. Since it was so limited in release maybe a special test version for those of us out in the sticks?
Must be a special build. 2.14.66 limits to usual 5mph over speed limit and, if in doubt due to poor/no signs, limits to 45max mph.

For case where speed limit is known, and exceeded, the autopilot restriction states the speed limit+5, when unknown it's the old generic message (i.e. It doesn't tell you it's restricted to 45mph).

As a reminder, auto restriction notice is not displayed if TACC is set at, or below, speed limit +5 (or <=45 mph on unknown speed limit).

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I reluctantly suggest that diminished TMC use has a part in this, D.
Partly due to 'new design' and mostly to lack of Tapatalk support.
Well, I have stopped using TMC at all. I just come back to this thread with a direct link to it on my desktop machine when I see something interesting in the reports. Like I just did this morning...

First report of 2.15.16!

They are treating the middle number as if there was an unlimited number of numbers :)
(and in this case it seems there aren't because it seems that each number is just 8 bits, we've never seen anything above 255)
Of course that still gives them quite a long runway to grow - my current speculation is that they have two different teams working on Model S and Model X issues, and every time they merge the firmware back together, they raise their middle digit.