Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The update notice showed up for me shortly after I arrived back home after being parked at the airport for a week. I had assumed it was waiting for WiFi before getting pushed, but after seeing the other recent posts I'm unsure. I'll install it tonight. (And update the tracker, duh.)

Probably coincidence, but when I got my car from the airport lot it was unresponsive to the double-trunk-click on the fob (trunk button worked) and when I pulled in to my driveway Homelink didn't work. Not just auto-Homelink; the menu wouldn't pull down at all. Rebooting the center screen fixed it.

Not sure if this is new, but it mentioned something about improved regenerative breaking in cold temperatures.

I did notice when I went through all of my settings Summon was still active (as it was before upgrade) but the Auto HomeLink feature for the garage door had been turned off, it was on before the upgrade. I haven't driven it yet, I had previously manually set the location where I wanted auto-HomeLink to engage, so I don't know if it saved that. I'm a big fan of that feature.

Tesla continues to give us a new middle digit at a surprising rate...
I am more hopeful, figuring they are testing something critical that is so far not resolved.

my bug list:
Heater driver side footwell -- fixed yet ?
Dual charger issues - fixed ? (not that it affected me)
12VDC system - ongoing challenges they may be trying to address with small changes
NAV / Audio stack - ignored ???
Regen - continues to be tweaked ?

So perhaps something like regen or power output is behind the set of test parameters they are gathering, that's what I am guessing. At least that is what the release pattern suggests to me.

That, and I am guessing most of the dev team scrambled to put the M3 firmware together for the launch and focus may be coming back. But I am wondering of the possibility of the end of major software operations for the MS/MX platform. I know that Telsa would be smart to keep making the MS/MX cars as compelling as possible to count on the highest % of M3 preorders being converted to earlier sales.

Hmm dirkhh and other members do we have some sort of BUG tracker ? some of these seem to be a bit like Whac-a-Mole...

The level of hand-wringing here is amusing.
Agreed; that post flies off the rails into complete speculation.

However, this point remains: there have been multiple updates without any change to the release notes. That generally indicates bugs are being fixed. We're all curious about what it is that's getting fixed, and whether changes in behavior are observed. The smallest, most innocuous-seeming fix can produce an unforeseen regression, or it can make things a lot more stable.

Glad to hear this, have had the same problems also. Scroll the wheel and nothing happens for a few clicks/seconds as well so on volume, etc. Changes are slow, etc. I also noticed the slow delay in right scroll wheel also, use it for temperature and sometimes have to scroll it a few times before it starts to move 1 degree. Hope this does fill those lags - have just dealt with them really up to this point.

I just applied an update and, wow, the scroll wheel works now!

I actually thought mine might be physically broken. The operation felt like a gear that was missing teeth. It was about 50/50 as to whether any given movement of the scroll wheel would have an effect or not. If I wanted to bump the volume up or down one notch, it might take one move on the scroll wheel, or it might take three or four, totally at random.

Now, it's 100%. Each movement on the scroll wheel is a change in volume. Woo! I didn't try the right side, but I expect it'll be the same.

Reactions: DDotJ
I am more hopeful, figuring they are testing something critical that is so far not resolved.

my bug list:
Heater driver side footwell -- fixed yet ?
Dual charger issues - fixed ? (not that it affected me)
12VDC system - ongoing challenges they may be trying to address with small changes
NAV / Audio stack - ignored ???
Regen - continues to be tweaked ?...

2.14.66 definitely fixed the dual charger charge rate problem, caused by 2.12.126. I was out of town when all the interim versions came through, so I had to request the upgrade. Nothing since.

I did not notice the other issues you mentioned.