Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated 2 days ago to 2.16.17 but got the "Automatic Emergency Breaking Disabled" message twice when entering the car in the morning. I usually use summon to get the car out the garage but both days had to manually back out. Is this something that goes away or I should call support? Not sure how to tell if it reactivates when I drive or not..
I had the same. Message cleared after I cleaned the radar sensor (driving didn't help).
You might also want to try power off the car, leave it off for like 5 minutes and then turn it back on (push the break pedal). If that doesn't help, call the help desk.

I had a AEB activation today on 2.6.17. It seems it's evolved from the stage of simply reducing crash velocity, to actively interfering with driving. Things were under control but the computer hit the brakes HARD, it's disconcerting to feel brake pedal sinking under your foot as the car brakes much harder than you intended. I didn't actually get close to hitting anyone. The experience kinda just sucked. Dashcam recorded -1G.

hmmmm.
This sounds like something Tesla would certainly want to hear about. I'm sure the car has loads of relevant telemetry data for them to look at.

This sounds like something Tesla would certainly want to hear about. I'm sure the car has loads of relevant telemetry data for them to look at.

I would give them tons of feedback if they had an official mechanism to do so. As of now, it seems in the voice reporting is ignored, and I'm not going to write blind emails to service email aliases, because I don't have a service problem, I don't want to deal with first tier support/service people.

Reactions: jgs
My hill hold brake now seems much harder to activate. I use it a lot at lights and after the previous update 2.12.126 it became much easier to just tap the brake and engage. Now I have to mash on the brake pedal as I had to do originally after 7.1 first came to me. Much prefer the tap to the mash.

My hill hold brake now seems much harder to activate. I use it a lot at lights and after the previous update 2.12.126 it became much easier to just tap the brake and engage. Now I have to mash on the brake pedal as I had to do originally after 7.1 first came to me. Much prefer the tap to the mash.
Huh, so maybe it wasn't my imagination noticing that yesterday after all...

Huh, so maybe it wasn't my imagination noticing that yesterday after all...

I'm seeing the opposite. I use hill mode pretty much every time I stop at a light. Previously I could engage hill mode with the slightest of extra pressure on the break pedal after stopping. Now it seems to engage as soon as the car stops, without any extra force on the pedal. I kinda prefer it like this and wish there was a way to know it is actually doing this (maybe add a setting for it), so that I don't have to always look down at the dash for the H to display before taking my foot of the pedal.

I have not noticed any change in how my hold brake performs. It consistently works with a slight tap of the brake. What I have noticed since the 2.16.17 update that is now my fold-out mirrors work everytime I open the door. Before, it was intermittent and sometimes wait until I placed my foot on the brake to put into gear before they extended.

Updated 2 days ago to 2.16.17 but got the "Automatic Emergency Breaking Disabled" message twice when entering the car in the morning. I usually use summon to get the car out the garage but both days had to manually back out. Is this something that goes away or I should call support? Not sure how to tell if it reactivates when I drive or not..
I got this error (and a few more) also after I parked the car (Model X) for about an hour. Center console reset did not clear the error. I powered off/on the car (from the controls screen) and the error went away.

Doing my data gathering for the vampire drain. So far, every three wall clock hours results in a reduction of 1 rated mile while the car is plugged in to shore power and car is locked but in the "always connected" mode with strong WiFi signal available. All climate and seat heaters off.

So that's 8 miles per day. As I stated in my prior post on this issue, I am also getting around 7+ mpd. But that's in contrast to my prior 85 RWD (2013, v7.1 (2.9.154) which averaged about 4 mpd. But since they are different cars, I can't point to the software upgrade as the culprit.

Another thought - could 3rd party apps be influencing this number?

I have enrolled in Tesla Log (teslalog.com) and the Remote S app.

Tesla Log has a Geolog feature where one can set areas where the car's current temperature environment (A/C and seat heat settings (?)) can be extended 30 mins in regions designated by you - for instance when picking up kids from school, grocery shopping etc. I thought I might have inadvertently set this ON when I park in my garage, but checked and it wasn't.

Also Remote S seems to have a conflict with the Tesla app - once I checked my charging in both apps, and it seemed the Remote turned off the charging after I had remotely started it with the Tesla app. Could it have turned on climate control also by mistake?

Is this new? I don't remember seeing the whole car before and it also told me distances both front and back when I was reversing today. Things change so fast it's hard to keep up, so forgive me if it's always been that way. And be gentle.

Attachments

• IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4178.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 116
Is this new? I don't remember seeing the whole car before and it also told me distances both front and back when I was reversing today. Things change so fast it's hard to keep up, so forgive me if it's always been that way. And be gentle.

I'm answering this from memory, but I believe the view you showed pops up for me when I'm in reverse and the sensors detect obstacles nearby. Alternatively, I think I can bring that view up myself by touching on the little orange cone on the screen when it is available. That display would also show the colorful sensor information if you were close to any objects.

As for how long it has been around, I can't say exactly, but it has definitely been around for a while--perhaps since the beginning of version 7. If not since that far back, then a little less time than that, but it isn't "new" at all. It's been around for many months, at least.

• Informative
Reactions: JenniferQ
Ever since Tesla added the ability to reduce vampire drain by having the power saving features, I've averaged pretty much 2 miles per day of rated range vampire loss. With the last 2 firmware updates that I've received (both in the last 10 days), my vampire drain has been at least 8 miles per day. It is almost as if it is ignoring the energy saver features (which I have verified haven't changed in my settings). Although not at all happy with it, at least I know that I'm not alone! I really hope this bug doesn't persist for another year (like the USB media bug has).

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z and jkliu47
Right, as Andy suggested, this has been around for a while. The display comes up in reverse and only shows distances when the first warning comes up showing distance. When things are beyond the range of the ultrasonics, no distances are shown.

Reactions: Andyw2100
For those reporting additional vampire drain after applying 2.16.17, here's a comparative data point:

It's been more than 48 hours since I've applied 2.16.17 to my S90D. My daily vampire loss (including USB Phantom Playing) has remained 3-4 miles per day which I've seen since delivery more than 6 months ago. I see no difference after applying this firmware release on my S90D. Energy Savings ON, Always Connected Checked, Range Mode ON, plugged into my 80A HPWC, and USB Music Playing when I shut the door on my MS ;).

FWIW, as reported elsewhere long ago, "USB Phantom Playing" accounts for something between 2-3 miles/day of my vampire loss in my non-scientific testing.
Is this additional vampire drain problem perhaps unique to S85s?

1. Go to the login screen
  2. Find your TMC User Name "Keith Sauvant" in the drop down
  3. Put in a 4-digit PIN and remember it
  4. Click the sign-in/login button
Then in the future, sign on by selecting your same TMC User Name and the PIN. Fill out the specifics on your MS one time, then when you come back, you can just add firmware details where it says that at the bottom of your summary screen.

Sorry, I've been out of the thread for a few days...

Just a correction, to make it a little clearer:

1. Go to the Firmware Tracker login screen
  2. If you are already registered, select your name from the dropdown
  3. If you are not already registered, enter your TMC Handle where indicated.
  4. In either case, enter your existing, or new, PIN.
In Keith's case, if he was not previously registered, his TMC handle would not be in the drop-down list.

Thank you, that worked. Not very intuitive, though

Can you explain how? I think it's pretty simple, actually. You either select your existing handle to log in, or create a new account. I think the page is pretty clear on that:

Select your forum handle from the dropdown and enter your PIN
(If you don't have a PIN yet, enter one below and it will be saved.)

If you are not listed above, enter Forum handle here:

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100