Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2.17.37 tonight. I don't really see much of anything different from 2.16.17 which I got on the 11th. I've attached the release notes. Took about a half hour to install give or take, maybe a little less.

Attachments

• 2016-04-23 02.38.27.cmxji.png
    2016-04-23 02.38.27.cmxji.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 137
  • Informative
Reactions: Lex
Just got 2.17.37 tonight... I've attached the release notes.
Thanks for the pics. From firmware tracker looks like so far only Switzerland, United States cars are being offered this. Here in Canada I am guessing we won't get this as our summon right now is very limited, but I sure hope they fork one out for us with the add'l improvements to cold regen, I feel some really nice recent improvements here (at least in my 70D).

The random walk down firmware revision lane continues. To recap:

After a pretty complete roll out of 2.16.17 (almost 400 reports) we got 10 reports of 2.16.31 (mostly Europe and a few in the US), then 17 reports of 2.16.51 (another cross section of Europe plus US and Canada) and now in the last 12 hours we have seen 19 reports of 2.17.37, so far from the US, Germany and Switzerland. Oh, and there was one report for 2.16.65 on a Model X.

The number of reported installs of all these random newer versions are really too small to draw any statistical conclusions on what type of cars they target. And of course the release notes tell us nothing about potential fixes / changes, either.

It would be nice if we could skip the "me too" posts for all the people who got one of these releases (just post to the tracker, that way we get somewhat useful (if not representative) statistical data). But if you have one of the new releases and notice something has changed, please post here and let the rest of us know.

I'm pretty sure that regen on 2.17.37 is much weaker
(sorry, insider joke... over the past three years this has been reported as a change in pretty much every single firmware release... :) )

Last edited:
That is odd. In the US, the destination charger and supercharger list is dynamically updated without any software upgrades. So locations are added and removed without any user intervention.
In Europe we didn't have destination chargers before this update, so I think it's just an update for first activation of the destination charger screen in our European cars and from now on it the list will probably be updated dynamically.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone
One "feature" (bug) I have noticed on the latest update is that I keep getting the warning on the dash that the key is no longer in the car and won't start. It goes away after a few minutes, though.

Updated this morning and noticed the same "key no longer in car" issue this evening. Took a few minutes to go away, putting key in cup holder didn't help, tried using the key to lock / unlock and went away after that, not sure if it was good timing..

Quite a few owners in Australia have experienced a "safety systems disabled" error (traction control/stability control/AEB/regen/autopilot) with 2.16.17, and it appears this version has been pulled pending a bug fix. Perhaps one of the newer versions contains the fix for this issue.