Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just a couple of weeks after the broad roll-out of "Needs more cowbells" (2.16.17) the as of yet unnamed 2.17.37 appears to be pushed out to most cars as well - we have crossed 200 reported installs this morning, which means that something like half of the fleet should have gotten it (since what we consider full roll-outs usually get around 400 reports).

Updated today, and man - the TACC became much more aggressive. I was driving today in stop&go traffic, and it was not a pleasure - breaking later than before, and accelerating harder/more aggressively. Subjective impression is that 2.16.17 was smoother.
Other than that - nothing new.

So just a couple of weeks after the broad roll-out of "Needs more cowbells" (2.16.17) the as of yet unnamed 2.17.37 appears to be pushed out to most cars as well - we have crossed 200 reported installs this morning, which means that something like half of the fleet should have gotten it (since what we consider full roll-outs usually get around 400 reports).

And another random update... we're at 227 reports for 2.17.37 (keep them coming), and in a way more interestingly the first two reports for 2.17.65...

This might indicates the end of 2.17.37 active downloading, only pending updates remaining. It really looks like an half fleet install. Comparing also with TeslaLog user base, 250 install where previous full roll-out were 408 & 356.

Or, even better, which modules were updated on .17.37.

Doh. He already did. Thought it was for a previous release.

2.17.37 updated the following systems (from 2.16.17):

CID (Center Display)
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Gateway
Battery Management
Charger Main Control
Charger Phases
Charge Port
Drive Inverter(s)
Pedal Monitor
Stability Control/ABS
Thermal Control
Driver Assistance
Parking Sensors

For those reporting Key issues, it's not related, as the Body/Security Controller was not touched. Maybe lags in the IC/CID?

And yes, the Destination Chargers, and all similar metadata is not done through the software release system, it comes down routinely. The Navigation maps are also separate.

Reactions: msnow
I have been notified of the update but am not installing at this point. Is there a place in the tracker for that data? e. g. It was rolled out to me, but I am waiting a bit...

Just don't fill it in and use the date you finally install it as the date. It is mainly used for tracking purposes and thus, if you wait, your data is already stale. Hopefully someday Tesla will update the screen to say what version would be installed. Then we could ask Hank to change the site to allow a received date vs. installed date. Right now he doesn't do that b/c there is no way to know what version you got until after you install it.

And if you are like me that waits for it to settle a bit before installing, sometimes you get follow up updates while waiting. I jumped multiple versions before and multiple times got the notification on my phone that there was an update waiting. Some of those were likely a newer one than my pending install being downloaded.

• Informative
Reactions: JenniferQ
I had two incidences during my 30 mile commute today in which my car thought there was someone in front of me, tried to stop and there was not a car in my lane. I have never had that happen before this recent software update! I quess the car was detecting the traffic near me and thought it was in my lane! Very disappointed with this update so far!

I had two incidences during my 30 mile commute today in which my car thought there was someone in front of me, tried to stop and there was not a car in my lane. I have never had that happen before this recent software update! I quess the car was detecting the traffic near me and thought it was in my lane! Very disappointed with this update so far!

I don't think that's because of the .17.37 update. That's happened to me a few times since 7.1 came out where it loses track of the car in front and it needs to be fixed!