Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not even my Ferrari. Broken record, sorry. But, why do those brakes make so much noise all the time? Not to mention all those other ICE noises that used to make me weak in the knees. I try really hard to want to drive the other ICEs still in our stable, but Tesla just has all of them beaten.

If you ever need anyone to go out and run the engine on the Ferrari please let me know. I live just a few minutes away.... ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ
I'll take this opportunity to once more mount my hobby horse and say that the answer is to build regeneration into "braking" (i.e.,
decelerating) so that the driver doesn't have to manually decompose deceleration into non-acceleration (i.e., foot off the "gas" pedal)
and braking (i.e., foot on the brake pedal).
Many EV drivers, probably most, adapt to and like "one pedal" driving. I know my wife does and she is not an "early adopter". You certainly can use two pedals, you just have to dial back the regen, which you've probably already done, which should result in something much closer to the ICE driving experience that you would like. You can turn Creep ON also which also gets it closer to the ICE experience.

Having the brake pedal do regen and friction braking is a reasonable idea that would fully integrate the EV regen benefits with the ICE driving experience. That said, it doesn't make my top 10 list of where Tesla should put engineering resources. So we all have our wish lists!

Reactions: newtman
Yeah, that attitude is going to do wonders for Elon's vision of pervasive electric vehicles. Sheesh.
I certainly wouldn't put it in those words. Elon's vision probably didn't include being stuck with last century's state of mind. I saw a picture today (can't remember what website) that was in NYC in 1900 where everyone was transported with a horse and buggy except there was a sole car in this picture. Ahhh... found it.

The math, and evidence all around you, that shows shared autonomous vehicles powered by solar power and batteries are inevitable

Thirteen years later it was just the opposite. Point being many years from now, one pedal driving will be the norm along with autonomous vehicles.

To get back onto topic. My cars at the service center got the Tuesday update right before I dropped it off and today I received a notification of another update. I don't have the car so have no idea what was updated but did anyone else receive two updates this week? And yes I've done all previous updates.

You're absolutely right! I don't think an EV can get anywhere near a manual transmission ICE experience. I've owned many of those and that is a different world.
I find it ironic that you would even say that given where you live. With constant stop and go traffic and handbraking on hills, that would get old very fast for me. Twice as bad if you don't even have some type of hydraulic clutch.

I bet the Engineers did have a slider. Elon famously nixes things like this. He likes the interface to be simple, very few choices. This is so it doesn't overwhelm non-techies.

I think there should be an "expert" mode that by default is disabled, but once you enable it you have better granularity.
I recommend this to enable it:
320px-Konami_Code.svg.png

Just plugged-in to my HPWC for the first time after applying 2.18.77 yesterday, and noticed a slight tweak to the scheduled charging screens. Whereas my normal scheduled charge has always been set and shown as "12:00 AM", it's now "00:00" on both the IC and CID. Same difference and trivial on it's own, but it's one concrete proof-point Tesla definitely tweaked more than just Summon with 2.18.77.
Mine has always shown "22:00". Take a look at Settings::Language & Format::Time Format

• Helpful
Reactions: BertL
Is it my imagination, or has the alert for auto-steer turning off gone from fairly subtle to "brassy"? My car made a sound at me
today that I've never heard before -- still three "beeps", but the "beeps" had an un-Tesla-like nagging tone to them. :(

Was this the "red" TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY alert? If so, it has probably been that way for a while. I got that on my test drive 2 weeks ago and it was a similarly naggy Subway Oven tone.