Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
Does anyone know how to access the App settings for Energy, Web Browser, Camera, and Phone?

They are always grayed out in my car.

There's a sensor that detects movement inside the car or disturbance of the car; you can turn it off: Settings - Security - Tilt/Intrusion - Off. Good for dogs and children. It resets itself when you re-start the car.
There you go. That's the alarm we don't have here in the US. We only have a basic Settings/Security/Alarm ON or OFF, not Tilt/Intrusion like MS must have where you are, and my former BMW had as well..

A fair number of people got 2.20.30 - 95 as of this posting. Given the number the fact that all reports are from the US or Sweden seems interesting. At this point in the roll-out I would have expected broader coverage if this was a full release. Also, it's Model S only so far - but otherwise fairly evenly distributed across battery size, RWD/AWD and VIN ranges. So I'm not sure what to call this...

Both of my cars have an update pending but timing hasn't worked out to update either of them. My guess is it's just more 2.20.30.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
I know Dirk hates this, but wow, I'm still on build 2.16.17 ("Needs more cowbell!"). Haven't been updated since. Never got 2.17.37 which appears was a major roll out. I wonder if I've been blacklisted?
Not sure why you think I hate this. Or what "this" is in this context.
Actually, that's great information to see that some people are still on 2.16.17
I'm in the same boat. Strange how they disburse updates.
I think that has been a question we've asked ourselves countless times :)
One thing that has worked for others is to call their service center and ask why they are still on an old version. I remember someone posting about Tesla telling them that their car got stuck on an update and therefore didn't get anything newer anymore (or something along those lines).
At the risk of flooding this topic - are there many more who are still on 2.16.17 or another even older version?

2.20.30 arrived last night for me, and today I noticed a TACC behavior that I hadn't noticed before. Is this new?

I was on a freeway with slower traffic in lanes to my right and left, autopilot engaged, TACC set to X mph, and no vehicles visible in front of me on the dashboard display. I noticed that TACC maintained a speed somewhat faster than the traffic on either side, but slower than X. I had a good amount of free space in front of me, and while I could see a vehicle up ahead, it wasn't visible on the dash display. I don't think TACC could see it yet, and I think TACC was going a bit faster than the distant vehicle ahead.

New or not, I was pleased by this behavior. You never know when someone in the adjacent lane will jump out in front of you.

You must have missed my comment. I noticed the first day after the update (and again today) that a curve that I used to ALWAYS get a nag on (surface street, 45 mph speed limit, moderate curve) hasn't been nagging me since the last update. So at least in some scenarios, my impression is that nagging has been reduced. I think it might be better on the interstate too, but need to drive more before I can confirm.

all the update notices and nobody has seemed to post anything about the update, can any elaborate on anything that this update has affected?

That would be significantly easier with a standard set of release notes. Even "bug fixes and minor enhancements" confirms what an update is not.

In the absence, yet again, of any new release-specific release notes, and after maybe 50 miles of driving today, I can report less nagging. Maybe. Certainly nothing overtly noticeable yet.

So initial response is, "Nothing to see here - move along."

In the meantime, I will patiently wait for Ingineer's modules list.