Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try selecting fan speed 3, recirculate turns to fresh air. Then hit recirculate and fan speed increases to 4. But even with 4 + recirc, others have reported that when driving around, suddenly they smell the fumes and know they are on fresh air when the car says it is on recirc. I drive 3 + recirc 85% of the time.

Thread about it here: AC Recirc not working and AC not as cold as prior to 8.0?

Hmm I see. Somehow have missed that thread. Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm still on firmware 7.1 (2.28.19). But I have a 2013 Model S, so no TACC or anything. Actually, I never got any update OTA, only got them when brining the car for service. Anyone in my situation? I'm happy with 7.1 but still...
I had that problem from January 2015 until August this year. After several attempts by service and owner support to resolve it, owner support finally found that my car was somehow marked as not delivered. Once that was fixed, I started receiving automatic OTA updates again.

I can't say I've noticed the recirculation issue, but I have noticed that the max temp was recently dropped from 90F to 82F. I was turning it on through the app, bumped it up to 90F to get it warmed up faster, and it snapped down to 82F. Confirmed that the car now designates 82F as HI. It's sometimes annoying that the people who make my car function mostly only know California weather.

I can't say I've noticed the recirculation issue, but I have noticed that the max temp was recently dropped from 90F to 82F. I was turning it on through the app, bumped it up to 90F to get it warmed up faster, and it snapped down to 82F. Confirmed that the car now designates 82F as HI. It's sometimes annoying that the people who make my car function mostly only know California weather.
I've noticed that too, but at the same time when I do kick the temp to HI I've noticed the car has reported interior temps as great as 92F. Are you using HI to run the heat aggressively (my use) or because you want to minimize use of cooling?

Are you using HI to run the heat aggressively (my use) or because you want to minimize use of cooling?
Mostly because I want it comfortably warm in the few minutes it would take me to get to the car. I tend to not turn it on until I'm starting on my way to the car. Plus, I've had at least one time recently where even HI (82F) wasn't enough to get me feeling warm enough in a 20 minute drive. On the other hand, I also didn't think to switch vents to manual, and auto tends to do anything except upper-body vents.

Mostly because I want it comfortably warm in the few minutes it would take me to get to the car. I tend to not turn it on until I'm starting on my way to the car. Plus, I've had at least one time recently where even HI (82F) wasn't enough to get me feeling warm enough in a 20 minute drive. On the other hand, I also didn't think to switch vents to manual, and auto tends to do anything except upper-body vents.
Oh right, you're just around the corner, I should've realized you were using it for quick heating. Anyway, like I said you might check whether HI is actually treating 82F as the set point where it cuts the resistive elements out, because my limited experience is that it's not. My guess (that I haven't tried to verify) was that the scale goes ...79F, 80F, 81F, full-blast (which sometimes gets rendered by UI elements as 82F), and that the only real change vs. earlier versions was the decision that we don't really need settable increments degree-by-degree all the way through the eighties -- that it's basically 70s and then "all the heat". Which, if true, WFM.

(I use HI a little differently than you do -- I find regular preheating good enough most of the time, and just use HI to heat soak the car for road trips.)