Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0(17.3.2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Anyone receive firmware 8.0(17.3.2) and know how it differs from other builds?

Great to see a lot of people receive firmware which is going to greatly accelerate AP development for all.

I went from 2.48.204 to the 17.3.2 this morning. Initially, frustrated as even normal cruise control didn't work after this update. Drove 30-40 then had lunch. On the way home, TACC was working well on the highway. Off of the highway kept TACC engaged and it stopped in traffic and started again, very very impressed. One occasion it seemed to brake too hard and when the vehicles in front go around bends its a bit spotty but I don't think its intended for that...

As with everyone else, weekend traffic on the highway isn't moving slow enough to be able to engage auto steer (45mph) without being a hazard to the other fast moving traffic, hopefully during the weekday commutes we will get some good feedback.

As reported elsewhere the lane markings on the dash do seem to wobble excessively, does anyone know if we continue to collect data for building into future software?

17.3.2 TACC is very nice! I picked a road with heavy traffic (Scottsdale Rd) and set it for speed limit +10. Car is amazingly smooth, coming to full stop and starting up again following the car in front. I tried various time settings, starting at 7 working down to 2 over 30 minutes of driving in traffic. Never scared me or felt like the accel/decel was harsh or scary.

Bravo tesla! And it will only get better. I'm excited and pleased to see AP2 start working at parity, and beyond, AP1

Reactions: MXWing