Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just flashed 2.52.22 and didn't even get any release notes. Not that they would be different. I pray that the steering wheel volume drop call bug is gone. I didn't check to see if they put the audio source selection back on the right scroll wheel. Doubtful.
Elon said that they removed it on purpose, and that other functionality was coming to replace it. (At least that is what I remember.)

That won't return until the entire fleet (including the US) is using Spotify. The hooks to feed the album status of it changed when introducing Spotify and Tesla didn't want to rewrite that for a "temporary" scenario. I don't think Tesla realized the changeover would take Tesla-time! :)

OK, cool.

Anybody done that?

Yes, I just emailed the general Tesla support email and asked for my credentials. They provided them. On the slacker website you can toggle explicit lyrics as well as the various talk options (news, etc). The high data rate toggle is there as well, but its debatable whether it makes a difference in the car or not.

I'm on 52.22. This sounds a little silly, but the ability to move the audio "center" around in real time no longer works. Before when you dragged your finger around in the EQ settings the audio would move around the car as your finger moved around the screen. Now it doesn't change until you release your finger.

• Informative
Reactions: Brass Guy
I'm on 52.22. This sounds a little silly, but the ability to move the audio "center" around in real time no longer works. Before when you dragged your finger around in the EQ settings the audio would move around the car as your finger moved around the screen. Now it doesn't change until you release your finger.
I noticed that. However, you can simulate real time somewhat by just tapping as your finger moves.

This makes me sad. Yet another reason not to upgrade. (Yup, still on 7.1) how many features get worse with the 8 upgrades? I lost count.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Here are my thoughts if I can put them together.

Version 8 plus:
Map can be displayed larger, overlaying controls
Passenger in seat keeps the systems on when driver exits
Customize trip display
Map auto-zoom
Five-band EQ (though I usually leave mine flat)
Extreme temperature climate control safety feature (I would never leave anyone/any pet in a car in those conditions)
Link fob to profile (N/A in my car, no profiles)

Version 8 minus:
Inconsistent app placement
Inconsistent map behavior (overlays controls automatically while driving, manually while parked)
Map behavior necessitates delay and extra click to activate an app while driving
Map behavior necessitates delay and extra click when zoom (etc.) icons fade
Streaming broadcast-station sorting (alpha by frequency!)
Auto-zoom can cause blank map exiting highway until tiles download (No NAV, so I need the map)
Next Favorite button can forward to a Slacker station, but then Previous Favorite cannot back to a streaming broadcast station
No definition to button areas. I don't necessarily need a button, an outline or shade will do. Really anything that's not nothing.
Click already highlighted source to return to browse list
More of a learning curve to use then earlier versions (see all of the above)
Long SuperCharger list (sorted by distance) removed
Manual zoom-out allows longer charger list to be presented, unsorted
To browse stations, one must scroll past a whole screen of popular/recommended stations first
Excessive screen space used with large album art/station logos, wasted space could list more stations
Balance & fade no longer real-time

Anything I missed in either "column?"

I cannot get the above to balance. I'd really like the passenger seat feature, and the map overlay feature if it were always manual and the auto-zoom feature if it were selectable. But I can't give them nearly enough weight to compensate for the annoyances.

Anything I missed in either "column?"

Ability to delete visited chargers as a negative in v8. So now, I don't charge loaners at home before returning them, or I do a factory reset on them on the way to the service center.

And the one keeping me at v7: The ability to use recirculate air at speed 3 (or even consistently at any speed).

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Sound is much improved in the latest update, the one that fixed the equalizer settings. Much more bass and richer sound. I have the upgraded sound system. I'm getting used to all of the tradeoffs and realize that in order to get the improvements that matter to me, I might have to give up some minor things in the name of "progress".