Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just flashed 2.52.22 and didn't even get any release notes. Not that they would be different. I pray that the steering wheel volume drop call bug is gone. I didn't check to see if they put the audio source selection back on the right scroll wheel. Doubtful.
The bug is still there I believe. I dropped multiple calls in a few days.

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
This was the first time since linking our key fobs to our profiles that my wife drove the car yesterday, and I jumped in this morning.

Seat positions did indeed move. However I notice the IC layout didn't revert back to mine. It retained the layout my wife uses. I'm pretty sure that had been tied to driver profile in the past.

Either:

- Dash layout is no longer part of a profile (easy enough to test manually)
- The dash wasn't initialized/powered up enough to receive the profile change notification (I did notice the seats were already moving as soon as I opened the door)
- Something else ;)

Anybody else notice this?

Just curious if anyone else if having "Loading Issues" when using Slacker. About every 3rd song will not load and hangs up. I just forward to the next song and it is OK, but never had this happen before the latest upgrade. And last night, the lower half of the screen (set to Slacker) went totally dark. Had to change to another function and then back to Slacker for the music app to come back up.

Reactions: N4HHE
Just curious if anyone else if having "Loading Issues" when using Slacker. About every 3rd song will not load and hangs up. I just forward to the next song and it is OK, but never had this happen before the latest upgrade. And last night, the lower half of the screen (set to Slacker) went totally dark. Had to change to another function and then back to Slacker for the music app to come back up.

This happened to me this past weekend and it was weird. I'm still on Firmware 7.1.

Reactions: N4HHE
So, with the latest FW (2.52.22), I'm now getting issues with BT and my iPhone 6+. It seems if the phone is connected to the car, calls will go silent several seconds in to the conversation. Not a disconnect, but simply no audio wither direction. Toggling from car speaker to phone mouth/earpiece makes no difference.

Disconnect phone from BT, and all goes well. Rebooting phone doesn't seem to fix it. Will reboot car next.

I'm also having lots of problems with BT iPhone 6 and FW 7.1 I didn't have before! (ok,ok, wrong thread, I know!).

Whenever a call disconnects, the car loses all BT connectivity and I have to re-connect my phone (or wait long enough for it to reconnect itself).

Also, I can't do "end call" using the thumb wheel.. it does nothing at all and the call stays connected until the phone cuts the call itself.

I'm also getting intermittent BT disconnects using audio BT.

I haven't updated my iPhone (iOS 9.x) or Tesla FW in a while -- I'm not sure why I'm getting these new problems now.

Not weird at all. Clearly slacker server issues.

I don't blame Slacker's servers so much as the Tesla's app's inability to recover from network errors. Loading errors are relatively simple to recover by switching to a different stream for a few seconds then back to the original. Why is the app not smart enough to restart the connection automatically on its own?

Reactions: Cyclone
I don't blame Slacker's servers so much as the Tesla's app's inability to recover from network errors. Loading errors are relatively simple to recover by switching to a different stream for a few seconds then back to the original. Why is the app not smart enough to restart the connection automatically on its own?

I suspect it's partly a licensing issue that they won't allow a new stream to be opened for a selected song (and particularly at a specific start point) on the standard and Tesla level of service. However, they really should code it for error recovery, or better yet, code it like the app for prefetching a few songs ahead. Then, if one song falters during the download, skip it before ever starting it!

I suspect it's partly a licensing issue that they won't allow a new stream to be opened for a selected song (and particularly at a specific start point) on the standard and Tesla level of service. However, they really should code it for error recovery, or better yet, code it like the app for prefetching a few songs ahead. Then, if one song falters during the download, skip it before ever starting it!
Slacker does some weird stuff. I keep hoping we get Spotify enabled eventually.

Slacker started playing a song I hadn't heard in a long time, and I was so excited. I turned up the volume, and accidentally pressed "Skip." Then you're hosed. It won't go skip back, and it won't play that song again for 12 (24?) hours even if you request it specifically. A long string of expletives followed.

So, with the latest FW (2.52.22), I'm now getting issues with BT and my iPhone 6+. It seems if the phone is connected to the car, calls will go silent several seconds in to the conversation. Not a disconnect, but simply no audio wither direction. Toggling from car speaker to phone mouth/earpiece makes no difference.

Disconnect phone from BT, and all goes well. Rebooting phone doesn't seem to fix it. Will reboot car next.

Not only iPhone problem, my android has the same problem.

On my car driver profile and 5 band EQ were correctly working. But USB was broken again. heIn the albums view, multiple albums are displayed if tracks in that album have different track artists. Before 2.52.22, it worked perfectly.

Yeah. Instead of using <Album, Album Artist> tag pair to make albums, they ended up using <Album, Artist> tag pair. In the previous version, they were just using the <Album> tag. So people were complaining that different albums with the same name were getting combined into one. I suppose they meant to fix it, and actually broke it even more.

I guess it's OK if all tracks in the album are by the same exact artist. Otherwise it is completely messed up. For me, I don't think I have a single album in my collection that is all its tracks by the exact same artist. So my library is completely messed up in the album view :(.

I don't think that is the isssue as I have a "plus" account and don't use Tesla's sign in and I have the loading error about every third song also.

• Informative
Reactions: Brass Guy
I don't think that is the isssue as I have a "plus" account and don't use Tesla's sign in and I have the loading error about every third song also.

Well that sucks. Slacker did a much better job with the iOS app than Tesla has done for their variant of the Slacker app. Sad really as even on my Tesla account, I do not have the problems we have been experiencing lately in our cars and I find myself more and more likely to just the Slacker app on my phone over Bluetooth to the car, when the car has a Slacker app built-in!

Yeah. Instead of using <Album, Album Artist> tag pair to make albums, they ended up using <Album, Artist> tag pair. In the previous version, they were just using the <Album> tag. So people were complaining that different albums with the same name were getting combined into one. I suppose they meant to fix it, and actually broke it even more.

I guess it's OK if all tracks in the album are by the same exact artist. Otherwise it is completely messed up. For me, I don't think I have a single album in my collection that is all its tracks by the exact same artist. So my library is completely messed up in the album view :(.
@iffatall , I upgraded from Sig S to production X last week. And this bug was fixed on my X. So it will be fixed in the future firmware release for Classics, I believe.