Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in the key fob profile feature. Either I haven't been updated yet to that firmware, or I can't find where to access this feature in the menus. So two questions:
1. What version of firmware on a classic enables this feature? I'm on 8.0 (2.52.22)
2. Where in the menus is this feature?
Thanks!!

Under Driver profile menu, there is a toggle button for each driver to "associate with fob#2"
I do not know when exactly this appeared. What I find strange that there seems to be no way to associate a driver with fob#1

Reactions: tomp
Under Driver profile menu, there is a toggle button for each driver to "associate with fob#2"
I do not know when exactly this appeared. What I find strange that there seems to be no way to associate a driver with fob#1

Only the fob used to start up the car shows up in the list. Exit the vehicle, leave fob #2 behind, and go back with fob #1 to associate a profile to fob #1.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I got bumped up to 17.4.14 at the service center last month, but OTA updates have been few and far between for classic cars these days. Most all recent development work at this time seems focused on AP1/AP2 cars, hence why I'm not really surprised we classic owners aren't getting much love. Besides a few bugs (thankfully that haven't really effected me at all) the classic firmware seems more or less "done." We'll see what the linux kernel update brings whenever it ships though. I'm interested if they can transform the useless in car browser circa 2012 into a useless in car browser circa 2017. Really at this point my only gripe is the sluggish UI at times. <cough maps cough>

I have a 2013 P85 and have had 13 software updates in the last year alone. Currently on 17.6.15

So, my classic is in for it's annual physical (service). Received the notification of a software update available and successful on my iPhone today. 17.10.42 Applied. Love this stuff.

No idea of the differences until I get the car back in a few days. Went from 2.44.130 up to 17.10.42. Probably not a lot of changes for a classic non-AP car, but I'm excited nonetheless to see what I get back.

Also, been driving a 2015 85 with AP1. First time driving an AP car and... well, a side effect of Tesla's loaner program is driving demand for upgrades. I think I'm ready to upgrade. Look for a fully loaded 2014 classic in the classifieds soon.

I haven't had an update in months it seems. Still waiting for the version that fixes the air recirculate issues. We are taking an out of town trip this weekend and it would have been nice to have it. I have a suspicion, based on past behavior, that I'll get it while I am on the trip. It could be that my 3G strength while parked in the garage at home (where my car sits 99% of the time) is a bit weak and that inhibits my updates (note: I can get on wifi, but even with my latest router it is still a weak signal). We'll see...

Dear Comrades... The time has come for me to say Прощай, as I have sold my beloved P85+ and the new owner is driving it back to Arizona as we speak. I left it at FW version 7.1(2.36.31) which I suspect the new owner will upgrade soon.

I'm left with a P85D(+) which has the current 8.0 firmware version.

I shall miss the classic speedo and energy displays. A LOT. :(

Here's hoping Elon restored it in 8.1 for when Autopilot isn't engaged.

Yeah, right... nevermind.

Dear Comrades... The time has come for me to say Прощай, as I have sold my beloved P85+ and the new owner is driving it back to Arizona as we speak. I left it at FW version 7.1(2.36.31) which I suspect the new owner will upgrade soon.

I'm left with a P85D(+) which has the current 8.0 firmware version.
I shall miss the classic speedo and energy displays. A LOT. :(
Here's hoping Elon restored it in 8.1 for when Autopilot isn't engaged.
Yeah, right... nevermind.

Elon is listening ... 8.1 is due just in time for April fools day :cool:

Elon Musk now says Tesla’s highly anticipated 8.1 update is coming March 28-29

upload_2017-3-23_21-23-31.png

Reactions: HankLloydRight