Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is interesting. Just got the phone notification that an update is available. The car is at the Service Center still. Any way to see from the Android app which update is available? I installed 2.36.31 on Monday.

Service center doesn't usually doesn't take the time to install an update unless it's needed to fix an issue they're addressing. They just tee it up for you to install after you pick up the car.
They've installed it for me (not just queued up) that last few times my car has been in for service here in California.
In fact, checking my ev-fw.com history, they've done it 4 times in the past couple years. And I've had my car at about 6 or 7 different service centers here over the past 4 years, so it's not just 1 that does it :D

They've installed it for me (not just queued up) that last few times my car has been in for service here in California.
In fact, checking my ev-fw.com history, they've done it 4 times in the past couple years. And I've had my car at about 6 or 7 different service centers here over the past 4 years, so it's not just 1 that does it :D
Same here. They use to just stage, but at my last few visits they've full installed it.

Maybe that changed with the Geofence automatic staging, or may it's just that they tend to keep the car for several days now for even minor service, so there is plenty of time to kick off the install without affecting the work on the car.

Same here. They use to just stage, but at my last few visits they've full installed it.

Maybe that changed with the Geofence automatic staging, or may it's just that they tend to keep the car for several days now for even minor service, so there is plenty of time to kick off the install without affecting the work on the car.
same here. I wasn't sure if it was out of courtesy or to get in front of the folks who refuse to take updates because of their disdain for the mini-car, etc.. :p

Same. I usually get a notice that a new update is available 30-60 minutes after dropping the car off, and it's always updated by the time I get it back. From what I've seen, after I drop it off it usually goes right to a specific parking spot they have blocked off and marked "FW Upgrade".
It appears the first pre-AP Model S update to 8.0 has been recently reported to ev-fw.com
Wonder if they've started scheduling the classics, then. Might be time to go park in that spot. :D

I drive 90% of the time with my rear view camera on the top panel, even when I have the Nav going. I wonder how this will work. Perhaps I basically will not see the "hidden toolbar/float over toolbar" setup at all. Guess we shall see soon!

I was wondering that myself. I can't imagine not having the map and the rearview together. That's what I use 90% of the time.

Good news on the notes is that we have a lot more album art, should make choosing stations and selecting from favorites/recents much easier. Also TuneIn looks much improved Looks like the number of favorites has been increased; I like the look of this!

The whole album art thing just made me laugh. The odd stuff I listen to always seems to have some unrelated art (software issues) so much so I don't like album art.

Service center doesn't usually doesn't take the time to install an update unless it's needed to fix an issue they're addressing. They just tee it up for you to install after you pick up the car.
Just driving close to the service centre (e.g. into the parking lot) can trigger the download.