Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to use a folder because I have a specific list of songs from various artists that I need to know for the rock band, bass and vocals. I guess normally one would use a playlist. But when I need to add a song, I just put it in the folder and done.
I suppose if I were listening to an album instead, it might occur to me to tap the album to see the album's song list, but using a folder it makes less sense to tap the album art to go to the song list.
Now I know I can tap the art to get the list. With "Now Playing" and "Browse," there is no learning curve; it's just there.

Top Picks (or whatever it says) used to be one entry I could ignore. In v8 it's about 8 pictures I have to scroll past every time I want to look for something. It reminds me of an ad banner.

Sorry to keep harping on v8, I want to like it but I still don't.
My wife is from Stoughton, have you been to Town Spa Pizza!

I am Dying Laughing over here,
The service center will drop
an ice v8 engine in it.

Brass Guy said:
Even if I can upgrade, I'm sure I'd get it back with v8 installed.
Now you see why I can't get the upgrade?

My wife is from Stoughton, have you been to Town Spa Pizza!
Of course, it's a landmark! My mom used to go there with co-workers back in the 80's (late 70's even?), when it was a little hole-in-the-wall place across from the post office.

I didn't realize our classic Model S had features that the newer cars don't have.

I brought my car in for a TPMS warning and a generic "Car Needs Service" warning, and managed to score a P100D!
Ludicrous mode is stunning!

But I noticed that I had to manually turn on the headlights. And the windshield wipers.
And if I turn on the wipers the headlights don't automatically turn on (I think there's a law in CA that says if you are using wipers the headlights must also be on).
And if I turn on the headlights the UI goes to the dark mode. In my car it is smart enough to turn on headlights in some situations but keep the UI in day mode.

What a step backward. Is it all due to the change in steering wheel stalk? Did the AP sensors crowd out the headlight sensor?

What a step backward. Is it all due to the change in steering wheel stalk? Did the AP sensors crowd out the headlight sensor?

You likely have an AutoPilot 2.0 loaner, which temporarily has the automatic functions disabled. A firmware update for these vehicles should be out by the end of the month. In the meantime, yes, it is a step backwards, but is only temporary.

• Informative
Reactions: Drucifer
You likely have an AutoPilot 2.0 loaner, which temporarily has the automatic functions disabled. A firmware update for these vehicles should be out by the end of the month. In the meantime, yes, it is a step backwards, but is only temporary.

Whew! Thanks for the info. Yes Autopilot is disabled on this loaner (to my disappointment).
I'm glad the regular cars are still smart.

Whew! Thanks for the info. Yes Autopilot is disabled on this loaner (to my disappointment).
I'm glad the regular cars are still smart.
It's got nothing to do with the fact that it's a loaner. A couple of months ago, they started building ALL new cars with AP2 hardware. ALL cars made since then (whether used as loaner or not) have TEMPORARILY regressed in many functions... basically anything using sensors. I say TEMPORARILY, because Tesla has committed to gradually restoring these functions, as well as adding next level AP capabilities, with software releases. In fact, I've already seen reports of a software release in the wild that restores auto wiper and auto lights to AP2 cars.

Though, with my 2012 P85, I do not have a dog in the hunt here... it seems awfully weird that Tesla would not wait to build AP2 equipped cars until they could at least provide basic sensor functions. There are people (younger than me) out there who have never in their life had to turn a car's lights on or off. I see dead batteries all over!

What do the wipers have to do with AP? Seems like those sensors are completely independent of the EyeQ3 chipset.
I don't know, typically wipers are driven by a dedicated sensor on a wart by the rear view mirror. Maybe they decided to use the AP camera to detect rain and drive the wipers rather than have this extra sensor. I've found that rain detection has been crap on every car I've had with the feature. So if using the cameras or radar or something works better, that's awesome.

• Helpful
Reactions: apacheguy
What do the wipers have to do with AP? Seems like those sensors are completely independent of the EyeQ3 chipset.

Doesn't answer your question, but in AP2 cars, the wiper logic uses the front camera suite (the camera itself, I don't know, but the whole unit as controlled from the new chipset) and thus, automatic linking of the wiper to the headlights was temporary gone from the headlight side. They even don't have Auto headlights until the newest build - had to manually swipe to "on".

I've been having quite a few problems with voice recognition and the phone directory lately.

For example, I have two contacts in my phone: Tesla Palo Alto, and Tesla Burlingame, for service.

If I say Call Tesla Palo Alto, it will spell out what I said as "Call Tesla Palo Alto" and immediately start dialing Tesla Burlingame.

So If I make the phone call to Tesla Palo Alto (clicking it in my contacts) manually with the phone, the displayed name on the bluetooth instrument cluster is "Tesla Alto" Again, really weird. Haven't noticed any other contacts that don't match between my phone and what gets displayed on the instrument cluster, I thought it just passed that info from the phone to the car, or at least it appeared to for the last nearly 4 years. Also tried saying "Call Tesla Alto" because that appears to be what the car thinks that contact is, and again it spells out "Call Tesla Alto" and dials Tesla Burlingame. Argh.

Also, contacts aren't syncing correctly anymore, and it seems to have some years old version of my contacts cached. Odd.

I've been having quite a few problems with voice recognition and the phone directory lately.

For example, I have two contacts in my phone: Tesla Palo Alto, and Tesla Burlingame, for service.

If I say Call Tesla Palo Alto, it will spell out what I said as "Call Tesla Palo Alto" and immediately start dialing Tesla Burlingame.

So If I make the phone call to Tesla Palo Alto (clicking it in my contacts) manually with the phone, the displayed name on the bluetooth instrument cluster is "Tesla Alto" Again, really weird. Haven't noticed any other contacts that don't match between my phone and what gets displayed on the instrument cluster, I thought it just passed that info from the phone to the car, or at least it appeared to for the last nearly 4 years. Also tried saying "Call Tesla Alto" because that appears to be what the car thinks that contact is, and again it spells out "Call Tesla Alto" and dials Tesla Burlingame. Argh.

Also, contacts aren't syncing correctly anymore, and it seems to have some years old version of my contacts cached. Odd.

I would try deleting the Bluetooth pairing from the car and phone and then repair. That would hopefully redownload everything to be properly synced.

Hi anyone at Tesla if your reading this, I am still on v2.44.130 but have waited over 3 years to link driver profiles to each Fob so if you would be so kind to push any of the newer updates I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

I just got 2.52.20 on a 2012 classic. Driver profile key fob linking is mentioned in the "What's new" section but I don't get the option on the Driver Profile settings page. Any other classics get this to work?