Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See @Fedderman's post a few above yours (same page)

his was referring to 2.50.114 ... DCAC was asking about 2.52.20 ...

I received 2.52.20 this morning as well and have a classic and i was able to link my fob to my driver profile.

@DCAC: If you already have a driver profile created then just select it on the settings/driver profiles page and there should be something like a "link to fob x" link that you can click to do the job.

@DCAC: If you already have a driver profile created then just select it on the settings/driver profiles page and there should be something like a "link to fob x" link that you can click to do the job.

Yes I've seen the documentation for the updated screen and the "link to fob x" link but mine didn't have the link. I'll reboot and try again.

Last edited:
Just got 2.52.20 on my 2013 S85. Yes, driver profile-keyfob setting works. Go to your Driver Profile area, tap on your selected profile, see if it shows blue text and notes keyfob 1 or 2. If it only shows 1 fob and it is the one in your pocket/the one you want, tap on it. Works great. I have not set up the 2nd fob (...in my wife's pocketbook at home at the moment).

Was notified of the update this morning on my phone but didn't have time to install it before the wife took the car, the update notification was visible in the car this morning also but at some point Tesla must of pulled it because its no longer there, many on FB are reporting the same...what a tease :(.

Also got this yesterday, and fob-linking works.

Other notes:

-Chime on HomeLink trigger now optional
-5-band now present
-App settings for media player now gone (including ability to change streaming bitrate/quality as well as set/reset Slacker credentials
-Radio no longer showing button logos for HD radio stations (old build had bug that got them confused, now they just seem to be gone)

Nothing else I've seen in my limited playing thus far...

-App settings for media player now gone (including ability to change streaming bitrate/quality as well as set/reset Slacker credentials
-Radio no longer showing button logos for HD radio stations (old build had bug that got them confused, now they just seem to be gone)

Nothing else I've seen in my limited playing thus far...

Did they move the settings again from scrolling down on the Streaming tab when in full screen mode?

Do you still get HD radio or was the feature removed? There are some radio stations that when I listen to them (the rare times I do), I turn off HD because I don't get a clear signal.

Did they move the settings again from scrolling down on the Streaming tab when in full screen mode?
[\quote]

Ah, you know I'm not sure I had realized that's where it had moved to... I was looking in Settings/Apps, and there's no longer a Media Player app listed. I'll look where you suggest.

Do you still get HD radio or was the feature removed? There are some radio stations that when I listen to them (the rare times I do), I turn off HD because I don't get a clear signal.

It appears so. I was listening to a "standard" station that has HD enhancements, and saw both the button and got the additional text. I'll try an HD-only station today to verify...

Thanks.

After a firmware update last night, I got what looks like a diagnostic screen on the right side of the dash instead of my usual climate control information. It disappeared after I tried to reset the display to show the climate info by clicking the right wheel. Is this normal? I have a 2013 P85. (Although I'm pretty sure it's unrelated, today is the 4 year anniversary of my taking delivery of the car...)
unnamed.jpg

After a firmware update last night, I got what looks like a diagnostic screen on the right side of the dash instead of my usual climate control information. It disappeared after I tried to reset the display to show the climate info by clicking the right wheel. Is this normal? I have a 2013 P85. (Although I'm pretty sure it's unrelated, today is the 4 year anniversary of my taking delivery of the car...)View attachment 210066
One other member on FaceBook got a similar diagnostic screen, but was also having some functionality issues. You're not 'supposed' to see that. Sounds like it is turning up from time to time, maybe due to a faulty install?

One other member on FaceBook got a similar diagnostic screen, but was also having some functionality issues. You're not 'supposed' to see that. Sounds like it is turning up from time to time, maybe due to a faulty install?

I did have one functionality issue this morning as well, though I didn't think it was related. When I put the car in Park after my morning commute, I heard a sound that sounded like the windows lowering. When I checked the app later, it turns out the front passenger door is ajar. I believe it opened when I put the car in Park. Odd.

Last edited: