Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... but now I have something I haven't seen before: using nav (haven't tried without) after the update to 2018.34, the nav map in the IC and the google map in the center console will flip 90 or 180 degrees after a stop. Very distracting. Rebooted the center console, but no joy - still flips. (I'd add a .mov, but haven't figured out how yet).
So, today I noticed the (Google) map in the center console still does the occasional flip, even when not using Nav. Left a note via voice command, but don't expect much from that. Looks like it's time to call Service.

Aaaaarrrrggggh. Just noticed a NEW annoying bug (minor, but annoying) in 2018.34.

I use TuneIn a lot, and I also have favorited a number of local AM and FM stations. Prior to this new release, Tesla always did the right thing with the AM and FM stations: in the instrument cluster display (which I set the left side to show current audio source) I would see the logo of the station I was tuned to even when listening to AM or FM radio. Always impressive.

As of this new release, the software no longer does that. It shows you the logo of the last TuneIn station you were listening to even if you are currently listening to an AM or FM station via the Radio. This is a brand-new bug, never seen it before.

Here is an example: I was listening to 90.3FM on the Radio (note it at least shows that at the top of the image) and it should be showing the logo for 90.3 FM's station but no. It's showing WNYC which I was listening to the day before!

Tesla-amfm-1.jpg

Likewise, below, I was listening to 1260 AM, and it *should* be showing me the KTRC Talk Radio 1260 AM logo in the instrument cluster. But no. It's showing the TuneIn station I last happened to listen to which was yesterday!

Tesla-amfm-2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Aaaaarrrrggggh. Just noticed a NEW annoying bug (minor, but annoying) in 2018.34.

I use TuneIn a lot, and I also have favorited a number of local AM and FM stations. Prior to this new release, Tesla always did the right thing with the AM and FM stations: in the instrument cluster display (which I set the left side to show current audio source) I would see the logo of the station I was tuned to even when listening to AM or FM radio. Always impressive.

As of this new release, the software no longer does that. It shows you the logo of the last TuneIn station you were listening to even if you are currently listening to an AM or FM station via the Radio. This is a brand-new bug, never seen it before.

Here is an example: I was listening to 90.3FM on the Radio (note it at least shows that at the top of the image) and it should be showing the logo for 90.3 FM's station but no. It's showing WNYC which I was listening to the day before!

View attachment 332430

Likewise, below, I was listening to 1260 AM, and it *should* be showing me the KTRC Talk Radio 1260 AM logo in the instrument cluster. But no. It's showing the TuneIn station I last happened to listen to which was yesterday!

View attachment 332431
Good choices, regardless of icon.

View attachment 332430

View attachment 332431
Funny... I was listening to WNYC and it showed the logo for WQXR... at least it's not just me... :(

I had the system crash and reboot yesterday while trying to remove the connector which failed to interrupt the charging in progress. Actually it seemed to interrupt it but would start up again right away before i could remove the handle. After a few failed attempts i went inside the car to abort the charging from the IC but it was frozen ... I pushed the brakes to try and get a response and the IC rebooted itself.

I am running 2018.34 since Wednesday and have not had any other issues ...

I had the system crash and reboot yesterday while trying to remove the connector which failed to interrupt the charging in progress. Actually it seemed to interrupt it but would start up again right away before i could remove the handle. After a few failed attempts i went inside the car to abort the charging from the IC but it was frozen ... I pushed the brakes to try and get a response and the IC rebooted itself.

I am running 2018.34 since Wednesday and have not had any other issues ...

My screen is still rebooting. This has also happened while not using navigation.

I think this is the bug described here: Album Art gets stuck when using Slacker. I'm seeing this too starting with 2018.34.

For me the PIN to drive release has broken the album art display on the instrument panel when playing from the USB thumb drive. Don't know about other playing methods because I only play from the USB thumb drive.
Instrument panel symptoms:
1. Album art does not appear.
2. If the music app on the 17" display is open then the art displays normally.
3. Once the music app is closed, the album art does not change from the art last displayed when the music app was open.
4. After the car shuts down, album art does not appear on the next start up.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
For me the PIN to drive release has broken the album art display on the instrument panel when playing from the USB thumb drive. Don't know about other playing methods because I only play from the USB thumb drive.
Instrument panel symptoms:
1. Album art does not appear.
2. If the music app on the 17" display is open then the art displays normally.
3. Once the music app is closed, the album art does not change from the art last displayed when the music app was open.
4. After the car shuts down, album art does not appear on the next start up.

For Me very similar

1) Album art appears on 17" screen but on IC the first album art appears and then stays when subsequent songs are played and never updates
2) Navigation and Maps both 17" and IC spin when stopped, as if the COMPASS has gone haywire, its fine when you are moving but sometimes causes the nav to tell you the opposite (like turn right out of my driveway when its a turn left)

as always 2 steps forward, 1 back.

Reactions: Cyclone
2) Navigation and Maps both 17" and IC spin when stopped, as if the COMPASS has gone haywire, its fine when you are moving but sometimes causes the nav to tell you the opposite (like turn right out of my driveway when its a turn left)

as always 2 steps forward, 1 back.

I haven't seen the maps spin, perhaps because I keep the map at either north or whole trip?

I have the spinning maps too, occurs randomly every couple of minutes.

Driver side mirror gets stuck in reverse position 50% of the time, wife's profile same issue.

Both started a few months ago, current firmware is b4c2b9a

More details from Electrek... Tesla is now aiming to release its highly-anticipated version 9 update by the ‘end of the week’, says Elon Musk

Aside from the Model S and Model X UI refresh, here’s most of what we know about the update:

The Model 3 is seeing an updated navigation UI with the direction tab now being on the left side of the screen – closer to the driver. Waypoint navigation was in the original alpha build that leaked, but not in the other one we reported on last week – though it could still end up in the wide release. As we previously reported, the update includes a new ‘Drive On Nav’ Autopilot features, which brings capabilities similar to the ‘On Ramp/Off Ramp’ feature that Tesla promised with the release of Enhanced Autopilot. The Autopilot UI is also getting an update in the instrument cluster. Musk said that Tesla is finally going to release its dashcam feature using Autopilot cameras in version 9. Finally, the update also includes the promised classic Atari games that Musk said would be included as Easter eggs in the update.

Drove more than 1700 miles over the last three days using navigation and no IC reboots. 2018.36.2 seems to have fixed that bug.

I do occasionally have the IC map reorient (spin) but that's not new, it has been doing that for several years as it spontaneously recalulates the route. I notice it more now from watching for the IC to reboot.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank42