Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaaaarrrrggggh. Just noticed a NEW annoying bug (minor, but annoying) in 2018.34.

I use TuneIn a lot, and I also have favorited a number of local AM and FM stations. Prior to this new release, Tesla always did the right thing with the AM and FM stations: in the instrument cluster display (which I set the left side to show current audio source) I would see the logo of the station I was tuned to even when listening to AM or FM radio. Always impressive.

As of this new release, the software no longer does that. It shows you the logo of the last TuneIn station you were listening to even if you are currently listening to an AM or FM station via the Radio. This is a brand-new bug, never seen it before.

Here is an example: I was listening to 90.3FM on the Radio (note it at least shows that at the top of the image) and it should be showing the logo for 90.3 FM's station but no. It's showing WNYC which I was listening to the day before!

View attachment 332430

Likewise, below, I was listening to 1260 AM, and it *should* be showing me the KTRC Talk Radio 1260 AM logo in the instrument cluster. But no. It's showing the TuneIn station I last happened to listen to which was yesterday!

View attachment 332431

I noticed it only happens if you don’t have music on the center console. The icon doesn’t change, if you leave music on one half the center console then the icon on the IC changes correctly.

Reactions: Cyclone
Can't find the "Version 9 for Classics" thread so I'll post here. My car took V9 and it's the worse yet -- just when I thought it could get no worse. When I finally found the hidden browser, and then how to drag it up so I could actually use it, I was disturbed to learn there's no more full screen browser -- unless someone can tell me how? Mine's cut off on the right and the top. Why? You can barely see what's behind at the top -- it's maybe 1/5th of the screen so you get the top of NAV which is useless. But now how may presses and slides until we can use it? Please tell me I'm doing it wrong. Then we've had some nice sunny weather so I went to use the sunroof and what a terrible interface. No more easy slider! And just trying to navigate around is pain in the ass. Can someone please flash mine back to V6?!

Can't find the "Version 9 for Classics" thread so I'll post here. My car took V9 and it's the worse yet -- just when I thought it could get no worse. When I finally found the hidden browser, and then how to drag it up so I could actually use it, I was disturbed to learn there's no more full screen browser -- unless someone can tell me how? Mine's cut off on the right and the top. Why? You can barely see what's behind at the top -- it's maybe 1/5th of the screen so you get the top of NAV which is useless. But now how may presses and slides until we can use it? Please tell me I'm doing it wrong. Then we've had some nice sunny weather so I went to use the sunroof and what a terrible interface. No more easy slider! And just trying to navigate around is pain in the ass. Can someone please flash mine back to V6?!
Software Version 9 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

Yes, the browser no longer goes to full screen in V9. All apps are overlays on the map screen and none go to full screen except for the map. I presume that this major decrease in functionality for the screen display and apps was to make it more like the less-capable Model 3 display and simplify software writing. To the ire of many, perhaps most, classic car owners.

I've seen chatter that 2018.42 is letting the camera stay up top again. Which would be great. I'm still declining the update every time I get in the car (it first popped up early the morning of the 1st day of rollouts - I'm already on 2018.36.2, so it's v9). I've had the rotating maps when at a standstill often since 2018.34 or so. No speed limiting on my car, but PIN to drive is there. My instrument cluster still regularly reboots, but its about every two-three hours now instead of every 10-15 minutes.