Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said today,

“One thing I should say though is that with version 8 of the software, which is hopefully going to final review right now, there will be material improvements in the autonomy of the car. I think the amount of work that has been going into version 8.0 will be very noticeable.

The improvements will on several dimensions, but that’s only a software update so it will be applicable to all cars.”

.. so 8.0 is right around, and it applies to ALL cars.
Source - Elon Musk says Tesla’s software v8.0 with improved Autopilot going to ‘final review’

Full versions will at least guarantee Canadian Tesla cars a much-needed update... they have us all stuck on 2.28.19 for a month, and it drops 3G signal constantly. Meaning your connected car may, or may not, be accessible eg. in a parking lot. Not fun. I suspect Canada has been given the shaft because of our different Summon (only via "dead man's switch" on app and it barely works).

Full versions will at least guarantee Canadian Tesla cars a much-needed update... they have us all stuck on 2.28.19 for a month, and it drops 3G signal constantly. Meaning your connected car may, or may not, be accessible eg. in a parking lot. Not fun. I suspect Canada has been given the shaft because of our different Summon (only via "dead man's switch" on app and it barely works).
You mean everyone else has a different summon feature than us? How is summon different to non Canadians?

But if you have to do that, the joke has already failed. It's like telling a joke and laughing the whole time before you even get to the punchline. In my case, the joke failed.
The first part was easily understood as a joke so no smiley needed for that one. The second one was based in reality as both AP and Summon were held back from Canada and other countries originally.

But if you have to do that, the joke has already failed. It's like telling a joke and laughing the whole time before you even get to the punchline. In my case, the joke failed.

There are 2 types of people in this world: those who get deadpan humour and those who completely miss it and will stare at you like you've lost your marbles after you crack-off something completely absurd. It doesn't seem to be correlated with intelligence or any other personality trait. Some people just don't register it.o_O

Elon said today,

“One thing I should say though is that with version 8 of the software, which is hopefully going to final review right now, there will be material improvements in the autonomy of the car. I think the amount of work that has been going into version 8.0 will be very noticeable.

The improvements will on several dimensions, but that’s only a software update so it will be applicable to all cars.”

.. so 8.0 is right around, and it applies to ALL cars.
Source - Elon Musk says Tesla’s software v8.0 with improved Autopilot going to ‘final review’

Elon is just teasing us. He said "hopefully going to final review". I'm hoping I get the update tonight, but that doesn't mean it'll happen...

There are 2 types of people in this world: those who get deadpan humour and those who completely miss it and will stare at you like you've lost your marbles after you crack-off something completely absurd. It doesn't seem to be correlated with intelligence or any other personality trait. Some people just don't register it.o_O
Sometimes it's just a weak joke too. ;)