Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Firmware 8.0

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
I truly believe my car is trying to kill me. I have tried AP on highways, wide roads, fast, slow etc. Once engaged, besides the truck lust it moves all over the road. I seem to dive from one side of the road to the other. Is my car unusually dangerous or are others experiencing this as well? I have only had my car a week and a half and 8.0 for a week. Am I asking for too much?
Is there any chance your windshield is dirty? that would significantly reduce the quality of the video and make lane tracking much harder.

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
That's what the arrows are for. You can move it by clicking the arrows in 10% increments.

Unless you're one of those who really want to charge to 83.43154674893534578493526893%, the arrows are a good addition letting you hit exactly 80% or exactly 90%.

The arrows are definitely my preferred way to set the charge level now. They are very fast and precise.

Also, I just learned this morning (preparing for a long drive) that the arrows switch from 10% steps to 2.5% steps after 90% (so 4 taps to get all the way to 100% from 90%)

msnow

Jul 14, 2015
SoCal
I just completed a cross country drive with 8.0 AP, and I just don't experience the issues most complain about. I have 19's, and I recently drove a 21" car and it was slightly "more squirrely" than mine, but that's all I can say.
It is very strange indeed. Mine feels like the original "Wild West" 7.0. I'll just keep it off until the next update.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC