Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I finally nailed down why it seems we have deja vu regarding the shuffle order! When you turn shuffle on and play a song, it plays through the same order. For example. Select song 2, and then the play order becomes (random) 2,4,12,60,10. But if you play song 22, it will play 22, 62, 67, 68, etc. Now, if you go back to song 2, guess what? You get the SAME order you got when you originally played song 2. SO, I'm not entirely sure if shuffle re-shuffles when you toggle it on and off. OR if shuffle is toggled, then it generates a new shuffle list.
To further add to this. If you on in a situation where you lose the shuffle place you had when you get back in the car, it will repeat the same shuffle order if you switch it back on the first time. However, if you toggle shuffle off then on again, you will get a new shuffle order it seems, every time you do the toggle.

To further add to this. If you on in a situation where you lose the shuffle place you had when you get back in the car, it will repeat the same shuffle order if you switch it back on the first time. However, if you toggle shuffle off then on again, you will get a new shuffle order it seems, every time you do the toggle.

Ah! I just posted about this over in your comprehensive USB thread (thanks by the way!). I am seeing similar behavior.

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
I am on LTE and have the notice. Not going to do it unless I have a confirmation that 2.40.21 has fixed the USB issue, at least as much as I can search locally as a stopgap to scrolling.

The release notes, at least on a Model X, says that you can now search the USB:
ModelX-8-USB-Search.png