Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have also looked (unsuccessfully) for a way to delete a charger.

The problem you mentioned is related to another problem I've seen where there is no way to edit the location of a charger...the use case is that the car translates the location of my garage to a nearby (but non-existent) address, instead of my home address. The geolocated charging settings work correctly, it's just annoying to see the wrong address show up. On 6.2, 7.0, and 7.1, I was able to delete that charging location, but I never was able to make it get the correct address or fix it manually.

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce. You got it right! Feeling a little bit better as I'm not alone is this use case...

Is there an email address or web form to report these types of situations to Tesla ?

Hi @Alex D ,
Thanks!
But that works in the "navigate->recent (or favourites)" lists. What I'm looking for is how to delete the "visited chargers" list which you display buy pressing the "chargers" view button (the one on the bottom right corner/side on the map app with the bolt sign)

I want to delete a charging location which the car registed in the wrong location ...
Oh okay, I misunderstood. I apologize.

So it seems everyone except for 5 of us have gotten 2.40.21, according to firmware tracker. I am one of those 5. My "equalizer" resets to 0 now, except for bass, tg. I haven't been able to keep up, but is there a list somewhere of what was "fixed" in this iteration?

I guess I'm one of the 5 too?

Even went into service for a service appointment last week and still haven't gotten 2.40.21 :)

Reactions: JenniferQ
So it seems everyone except for 5 of us have gotten 2.40.21, according to firmware tracker. I am one of those 5. My "equalizer" resets to 0 now, except for bass, tg. I haven't been able to keep up, but is there a list somewhere of what was "fixed" in this iteration?

Thanks for the heads up! 1 of 5 here too. Maybe I'll swing by the sales center sometime this week...

Just to look at some showroom Teslas... yeah that's it, just to look...:)

nothing to do with the hope that geo-fencing might work...

So it seems everyone except for 5 of us have gotten 2.40.21, according to firmware tracker.
Oh, you were serious? You're reading it wrong. That should be obvious from the fact that it says that 782 cars are reporting. Not much overlap between those who have gotten 2.36.108 and those on 2.41.21. If you look at the Full Data Extract table, you'll see that most US cars are still on the earlier version.

As I mentioned, I was updated yesterday at a service center, presumably because I had work done that required firmware. I suspect if I hadn't had such work they wouldn't have updated me to the latest. They seem to be being very conservative with this rollout.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Has anyone noticed if 8.0 is more prone to false FCW's?

In my entire 2+ years of having a Model S with the AP hardware I've never had a false FCW's. But, now with 8.0 I've had my first one in a situation where there was absolutely nothing it could have triggered off of. Perfect weather and the car it red flagged was at least 3-4 car lengths ahead.

Having one versus zero is obviously statistically irrelevant, but I'm curious what other people are experiencing to see if there have been any changes with it.

Thanks for the heads up! 1 of 5 here too. Maybe I'll swing by the sales center sometime this week...

Just to look at some showroom Teslas... yeah that's it, just to look...:)

nothing to do with the hope that geo-fencing might work...
My understanding is that Tesla has tied geofenced updates to cars that have service tickets now so i am very interested to hear how it works out for you.

Do we know that 2.40.21 is indeed an improvement / upgrade? From what I have been reading on this tread it seems to be a slightly different version for outside the US, but not necessarily an improvement as such. Did I misunderstand that?

Do we know that 2.40.21 is indeed an improvement / upgrade? From what I have been reading on this tread it seems to be a slightly different version for outside the US, but not necessarily an improvement as such. Did I misunderstand that?
Some are reporting 2.40.21 includes USB as part of the newer Media Search function that first appeared with 2.36.108.

I can't confirm that as I'm still on 2.38.19 which my SvC installed on Tuesday (When I queried if I could get 2.40.21 as a few others in the US had received, their remark was I received the latest version available for my VIN. It's our guess as to if that meant forever or just temporarily. ;))

Anyone seen this: Autopilot ?

Full Self-Driving Hardware on All Teslas from Tesla Motors on Vimeo

Standard Safety Features
These active safety technologies, including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking, will become available in December 2016 and roll out through over-the-air software updates

At least a date for 8.1?

This is very impressive and amazing if they can pull it off by December.

I have the impression that many of the features will only be available for the new autonomous driving hardware, though. With the new sensor and camera hardware being so different, I am somewhat concerned that Tesla will start focusing on this new hardware and not address the issues for our current hardware let alone continue to improve features for "old" cars (mine is 3 months old).

Some are reporting 2.40.21 includes USB as part of the newer Media Search function that first appeared with 2.36.108.

I can't confirm that as I'm still on 2.38.19 which my SvC installed on Tuesday (When I queried if I could get 2.40.21 as a few others in the US had received, their remark was I received the latest version available for my VIN. It's our guess as to if that meant forever or just temporarily. ;))
Hm. I'm confused then, because when I look at the tracker it shows almost 400 cars with 2.40.21. And about an equal number with the first version of 8.0. Are all of those outside the US?

Hm. I'm confused then, because when I look at the tracker it shows almost 400 cars with 2.40.21. And about an equal number with the first version of 8.0. Are all of those outside the US?
No, not all are outside the US, but to me it appears a large percentage are... Many other countries e.g. didn't get the first drop of 8.0 like say I (and only some MS) did here in the US. I don't try to understand the tracker info as much as some others, so I'll let them chime in to help your understanding.

My post was only trying to respond to @Wanderer's question about new functionality that 2.40.21 may have opposed to the two previous releases of 8.0 my MS has received. Some of us are above our eyeballs in 8.0 USB anomolies and workarounds, so I had a bit of POV on USB Search being reported by others as first entering the scene with 2.40.21 wherever that is being made available.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ
Here's a new "feature" that I just discovered in 8.0 that limits AP even further:

On undivided highways where AP limits TACC speed to the speed limit + 5mph, engaging Autosteer now only allows you to set TACC's max speed to 5mph over the limit.

In 7.1, you could set a higher speed (e.g. 50mph in a 25mph zone) and engaging Autosteer limited the car's speed to 30mph, but this didn't change the 50mph max speed. Then once the speed limit was lifted to a higher number, the car would automatically accelerate to the new limit (5mph over, or 50mph, whichever was lower).

This was useful in situations such as temporarily driving through a town with a low speed limit. However if you now engage full AP (TACC + autosteer) while the limit is low (say 25mph), the max speed TACC will get to is 30mph. Pulling the speed stall up won't allow you to go higher than 30.

So after the speed limit changes to a higher number, the car will only go up to 30mph even though the new limit might be much higher, such as 55mph.

I haven't tested the situation where AP is engaged with a higher speed and a lower limit is encountered to see if the max TACC speed automatically lowers to the new limit + 5mph, or stays at the original TACC speed. I would assume (hope) it doesn't change down, but as it is this new "feature" seems like another step in the lawyer-mandated CYA direction..

Ok I've now tested the last scenario I described above, and the behavior isn't what I would expect. Here's how it went down:

1. AP engaged in a 50mph zone, max speed possible is 55mph - fine. TACC set to that speed.

2. 40mph zone ahead: as soon as the car passes the 40mph sign, the car slows down to 45mph - fine. Max speed I can set is 45mph, and as you know pushing the TACC stalk up no longer increases beyond max speed - not great, but can live with it.

3. 40mph zone is over, speed limit is now 50mph again. After the car passes the 50mph sign, which it recognized and updated the IC with the new speed limit, car still travels at 45mph - NOT fine. Max speed that was set to 45mph does not revert to 55mph.

Keep in mind that during this whole period there was ZERO input from the driver besides keeping hands on the wheel.
I would expect the car to resume max speed to 55mph after the 40mph zone is over. I mean, I was in a 50mph zone to begin with!

• Helpful
Reactions: BertL and msnow