Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure? I'm still on 2.42.40 and my searches return every single album, song and streaming track by artist every single time.
Here is the trick I discovered today.

When you get the search results as you pictured above, note you are on the Top tab. Go over to Albums or Artists and see if you don't get a different list.

And when you select what you think is an album from the Top tab, you just get the first song. Next song is the next alpha song on your disk. But if you select from the Albums tab, it actually plays the first track in the album, and then the sequential tracks on the album in track order. (or it did for me).:)

Here is the trick I discovered today.

When you get the search results as you pictured above, note you are on the Top tab. Go over to Albums or Artists and see if you don't get a different list.

And when you select what you think is an album from the Top tab, you just get the first song. Next song is the next alpha song on your disk. But if you select from the Albums tab, it actually plays the first track in the album, and then the sequential tracks on the album in track order. (or it did for me).:)
Ok, I see what you mean. The Albums tab has five more albums than what is shown on Top which is correct. I didn't count them but I have pages of tracks under Songs so that might be right too. But you're right, it's still screwed up.

View attachment 202909
Are you sure? I'm still on 2.42.40 and my searches return every single album, song and streaming track by artist every single time. I have 520 albums on my USB drive and I've tried searches with multiple artists and it never fails to provide complete and accurate results (excluding the "the" bug). It's almost like we have different cars.
I'm still getting odd results (.40) where "Search" brings up everything (even though it won't play more than one), but I'm actually unable to find specific tracks in the Folder view. Very odd. I'm trying to figure out if they are "loose" files. In other words, files that are not in an Album subfolder under artist -OR- don't have an Album tag to begin with. I am leaning towards the latter, but even if that's the case, it should still be an orphan file under the artist.

As the weather gets colder I've noticed something I don't think I'd seen before. Today it was right about freezing, and in the course of a short (10 to 20 minute) drive around town, I noticed the "regen limited" warning flipped on and off multiple times during my drive. As far as I can recall, with 7.1 it always seemed to commit – it was common to start with the "regen limited" warning on, and I might do a complete set of errands without having it clear – but when it did clear it would stay cleared until the car had been parked and a chance to cool down again.

Anyone else noticed this?

(In case you're curious, range mode is off.)

Agreed, and long overdue. :cool:

Tesla’s mobile app was really well-received back when it launched back in 2012 and 9to5mac even named it “iPhone App of the year” in 2013, but it hasn’t received much love from Tesla’s UI and development teams since then.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk already disclosed that Tesla aims to release version 8.1 of its operating system in December and that it will feature UI improvements, but today he also added that a “big mobile app update” is also planned with the release of vehicle software. Not much is known about the upcoming update other than what Tesla announced in the release notes of v8.0 about the new off-ramp feature:

“When at a highway exit, it will favor marked lane lines in the direction of vehicle indicator (8.0)* or in the direction suggested by the navigation system if active (8.1). This feature will be available initially in the US and later in all countries where lane markings are open for highway exits.” Improvements to the media player, especially when playing from a USB drive, are also expected. The update to the mobile app wasn’t expected until Musk confirmed it on Twitter today:

upload_2016-11-20_14-19-36.png

Seeing what Tesla's UI team has done with the car firmware since then, perhaps we should be thankful they've ignored the mobile app.

Touché ... Here is a short list of potential additions from Electrek :cool:

- Adjusting charge Amperage remotely
- Set charge end time
- Charge scheduling
- Preheat timers
- Activate Heated Seats/Steering Wheel/Defrost
- Quicker connect/load time
- Close/control all windows
- Monitor and record from cameras (especially if hit/robbed)
- Park the car (on private ground)
- Recall car from parking (on private ground)
- Notification in case of rain and sunroof is open or just auto close sunroof.
- Stop the car (if stolen park into the right side).
- Sound notifications on android and which event to be notified on.
- Set individual driver/passenger temperature
- Preheat the Battery for Max Battery (Ludicrous)
- Open/Close Garage Door
- Only set valet mode on 1 vehicle instead of all vehicles
- Preset your audio choice
- Determine which Driver Profile to set by Phone location to the car

• Informative
Reactions: SG57 and X Fan

- Adjusting charge Amperage remotely
- Set charge end time
- Charge scheduling
- Preheat timers
- Close/control all windows
- Monitor and record from cameras (especially if hit/robbed)
- Park the car (on private ground)
- Recall car from parking (on private ground)
- Notification in case of rain and sunroof is open or just auto close sunroof.
- Stop the car (if stolen park into the right side).
- Sound notifications on android and which event to be notified on.
- Set individual driver/passenger temperature
- Preheat the Battery for Max Battery (Ludicrous)
- Open/Close Garage Door
- Only set valet mode on 1 vehicle instead of all vehicles
- Preset your audio choice
- Determine which Driver Profile to set by Phone location to the car
"Short list"? ;)

Before anyone gets too excited, that looks like a wishlist of what owners want to see (a summary of suggestions people put in the comments on the story in electrek). There's no basis in fact, as far as I can tell, that any of these improvements would actually be part of the December update.

Bruce.

Reactions: SG57 and MP3Mike