Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, not an icon - I'm talking about while driving.

Did a search on Google and cannot find one that looks the same. I took a picture with my phone, but didn't capture it...although the Live Picture on iOS did capture it but I can't get the split second screen shot of it. :p

We're all familiar with this version...

This is kind of what the new one looked like (excuse my super quick sloppy Photoshopping). It was like a 3rd sensor picking up data and displaying it.

I've not seen anything like that for my HW1 MS running x.52.22. Wonder how it's different...

Chris

No activating the rear facing side cameras are part of the EAP package.
Well if that's the case their website is not clear. It says EAP is 4 cameras, I assumed that meant the 3 forward looking (to handle curvy roads and roads signs/lights) and the rear back up camera to monitor approaching cars. But I guess it could be some other permutation of front and other cameras.

Chris

Well if that's the case their website is not clear. It says EAP is 4 cameras, I assumed that meant the 3 forward looking (to handle curvy roads and roads signs/lights) and the rear back up camera to monitor approaching cars. But I guess it could be some other permutation of front and other cameras.

At least one of the upgrade options on their site had this information:
EAP-WhichCameras.png

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone
PSA: I noticed today that on my HW2 (2.52.120) car with headlamps set to AUTO that the headlamps are NOT coming on when the windshield wipers are activated.

Until Tesla gets this fixed don't forget to turn on your headlamps/running lamps when it's raining.

In my case, the lights did not turn on with the wipers on either intermittent setting but they did with the wipers on the constant settings. They also remained on about a minute after turning the wipers off. I do not know if they would have turned off after a minute with the wipers on an intermittent setting but I suspect so.

• Informative
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Again, another stopped car caution:

This morning in my commute, I pulled up to a stopped Chevy Malibu at a red light. I turned on AP/TACC to hold the car until he started moving. The car started out stopped, showing a car in front of it… but about 10 seconds later, the driver shifted into park (and turned off his brake lights) and his car suddenly disappeared from the IC and my car started slowly accelerating.

I was able to stop before anything bad happened, but again, be really careful around completely stopped cars, even in 8.0. I do this like 5 times every day on my commute, and maybe once every 2 months I have 1 incident where it messes up. It's really rare when it happens, but I have seen it happen a few times, especially in the dark.

In my case, the lights did not turn on with the wipers on either intermittent setting but they did with the wipers on the constant settings. They also remained on about a minute after turning the wipers off. I do not know if they would have turned off after a minute with the wipers on an intermittent setting but I suspect so.

Good clarification - thanks. I did not check anything higher than intermittent - it was so humid here that water was condensing on the windshield and it was daylight enough to keep the lights off.

I suspect this is a bug that will get resolved with future release. All previous Teslas switched the lights on when wipers went on.

Mike

PSA: I noticed today that on my HW2 (2.52.120) car with headlamps set to AUTO that the headlamps are NOT coming on when the windshield wipers are activated.

Try changing the setting to something other than auto, and then changing it back.

Roughly 18 months ago there was a firmware update that stopped walk-away door locks from working, but disabling the setting, and then setting it again solved the problem, until Tesla pushed an update that really solved the problem. In another thread, someone just reported the issue with walk-away door locks again. (I don't think he/she has responded yet to say whether or not my suggestion worked.) But it could be related, and even if it isn't related to the current issue, it's worth a shot.

It may be my age, but is anyone else getting a little bit challenged with the mixed AP1, AP2, and just-about-anything-else that this thread covers? It's all interesting when I can keep it all straight, especially as we tend to go off on tangents for sometimes days at a time, but I can't wait for 8.1 to hit and Hank to hopefully start some focused threads so all this is easier to follow. ;) ...just saying!

It may be my age, but is anyone else getting a little bit challenged with the mixed AP1, AP2, and just-about-anything-else that this thread covers? It's all interesting when I can keep it all straight, especially as we tend to go off on tangents for sometimes days at a time, but I can't wait for 8.1 to hit and Hank to hopefully start some focused threads so all this is easier to follow. ;) ...just saying!
Yeah I agree the whole AP1, AP2 or HW1 HW2 thing needs it's own thread I think. Also, it would be great if the HW2 people would put that fact in their signature.

I have HW3 so I can barely relate to what all you losers are writing about.
back-to-future-ii-mr-fusion-home-energy-reactor-replica-3.jpg

r 8.1 to hit and Hank to hopefully start some focused threads so all this is easier to follow

Yeah, but now I think four threads are warranted:
  • Firmware 8.1 General
  • Firmware 8.1 Classic
  • Firmware 8.1 AP 1.0
  • Firmware 8.1 AP 2.0
But I suspect that while we might create these threads, that conversation, especially between AP1.0 and AP2.0 will be muddled anyway.

I installed 2.52.120 yesterday on my S90D AP2 car and noticed the following today when I drove the car:
  • Homelink automatically opened and closed the garage door on software 2.50.180. On 2.52.120 I have to manually press the homelink button on the 17" display to open and close the garage door.
  • When I first got into the car, there was a fan running all of the time on 2.50.180. The noise was coming from the passenger side of the car. With the latest software update, I do not hear the fan running now when I get in the car.
  • I am not getting software update or charging start/stop notifications. This was also happening on 2.50.180.

Yeah, but now I think four threads are warranted:
  • Firmware 8.1 General
  • Firmware 8.1 Classic
  • Firmware 8.1 AP 1.0
  • Firmware 8.1 AP 2.0
But I suspect that while we might create these threads, that conversation, especially between AP1.0 and AP2.0 will be muddled anyway.

I'm not sure how much material there will be for the classic thread outside of the general thread - I presume that most things that apply to classics will also apply to all the others, and I don't think there's any real chance of keeping the two AP threads separated - if nothing else, folks who aren't forum regulars coming in will post on the first AP thread they see, not even knowing which hardware they have.

But it might be worth a try, and we should be able to at least mostly separate the AP part from the rest of the discussion if we try hard enough.