Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had many gremlins with 22. One of the issues might have started with the previous version, the side view mirror. They all seem related to unlocking / starting the car with my linked fob. I have to email Tesla but haven't yet.
  • Passenger side mirror doesn't open all the way, has happened about 4 times. More recently I have noticed it opens 3/4ths when opening the door and then tries to fully open when I press on brake to start
  • Once center screen took a while to start
  • Once when I unlocked the car by approaching, the trunk opened but didn't raise. I had to manually close for it to function again
  • Once my front left ultrasonic sensor went crazy and thought an object was there when it wasn't and I got the parking disabled message.

Can someone explain what Elon's tweet means other than "there is no way HW2 is getting any AP functionality this weekend/unknown time"? I'm not tech savvy enough to know how "bad" this is.

I can try. This looks like two different problems, and neither one sounds very bad. I still wouldn't count on seeing an update this weekend, but maybe by next weekend.

First, they think they identified a bug in the GPU driver, they have an update from nvidia, and they're testing to make sure it fixed the problem. Second, they've identified a hardware problem where some camera(s) are set at the wrong angle, for whatever reason. They've added code that tries to detect that problem (and disable that camera until it's fixed?). They're also testing that change.

If both changes test out ok, and they don't identify any serious new problems, they'll ship an update. However I don't know how long that testing process takes: it could be minutes, hours, or days. We do know that Tesla usually rolls out updates over a period of days. So if I were an HW2 owner, I wouldn't count on seeing this update before next weekend. It could happen, but then again it might not.