Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17.6.15 for HW1/AP1 anyone had this as yet I see 29 on the tracker so far?

Yes, this is the message displayed
Yes that is correct I just updated about an hour ago and the release notes were about removing the restrictions on my P car.

Yes, this is the message displayed:

2.6.15.jpg

The warning message should concern all Performance model owners ... what happens after the warranty expires? :cool:

My guess would be the same thing that happens with any performance, or even non-performance, car that has parts that wear out under heavy use. You either pay to get it fixed or you get rid of the car.

I just hope that the problem component(s) is/are something that Tesla has/will redesign to prevent such quick wear and that they will get replaced under warranty either when the counters detect enough wear or during annual maintenance visits before the warranty runs out.

This update is interesting as I usually get the notification right about the time everyone is posting about it. It has been about a week now since people started reporting both the update to remove the restrictions on P cars and the update for AP2 HW2 allowing it to function on some non-highway roads, I've yet to receive either. I'm still sitting at 17.5.28 and my car is always on WiFi. Weird... I wonder if they pulled/paused them??

There's no start button, so, unless you want your seat to move every time you put the car in park, you've figured out the best way to get that feature.

The logic for EXIT is simple: if car is in park, key is present inside car, door opens, go to EXIT. If key is present, in EXIT position, and the brake is touched, go to normal seat position for the current profile.

• Love
Reactions: BertL
The logic for EXIT is simple: if car is in park, key is present inside car, door opens, go to EXIT. If key is present, in EXIT position, and the brake is touched, go to normal seat position for the current profile.
What I like about this logic is it's true simplicity and similarity to how "Easy Exit" (and variants) worked with my former Lexus, MBZ and BMW. It would make it simpler for most owners with multiple brand luxury vehicles, or those that owned one prior to upgrading to a Tesla, to expect what will happen in their Tesla. The only thing or change I'd suggest is "...for the current profile connected to the first FOB detected in the cockpit." Otherwise, I got it and vote YES, please, NOW!

I personally have too many button-push combinations i already have to remember for things like my iPhone ear pods where one, two, three combos on one of three positions of the switch do different things, let alone my Tesla where some things act differently from other mfgr brands I have owned for years. I've been a techie guy all my life, but as a I get a little older, simplicity and consistency sometimes overrides having it "just exactly my own way." Compromise is more OK. ;) I really wish Tesla would just stick to inventing whats truly new and best-of-breed like they have with all the Battery and EV elements in their design, but take what works from the other mfgrs like they all do over time to some degree (e.g. Infotainment functuonality, driver/passenger usability things like coat hooks, increased storage areas, better seats and fold-flat rear seats with built-in retractable center armrest, and front center armrests that are not on top of where your elbow naturally rests), and emulate it unless there is REAL reason where change makes that much of a quantum improvement. Change for change sake isn't always good, and Tesla does not have to create everything from scratch in their automobiles like Benz, Ford and all the others have before them.

• Love
Reactions: Andyw2100
Yes and no. Yes it is normal for a new update to be spread over a period of time. Sometimes the update is pulled, sometimes some cars don't get an update, those cars that were first this time might not be next time, and so on.

However ... the logging sites show that all cars (bar one or two) that used to have 2.52.120 have been upgraded, so if yours hasn't then:

• If it has not been near WiFi best to move it so that it is. Updates will download over mobile-network, but often that is later than those with WiFi connections.
  • If you have been near WiFi then i suggest you call Tesla - given that that version has been thoroughly superseded already. Your download might have stalled, or some other problem.

Someone else, with a new car, reported the same problem (and the same version). I wonder if new cars don't get into the update rota - until the next-later-on version comes out ...

My car is a 2015 85D, AP1. I've only been getting the major updates for several months, none of the bug fix updates.

The only 8.0 updates I've gotten are:

2.36.108 (initial released version)
2.52.22 (this is the version I'm currently on)

My vehicle is connected to WiFi every night in my garage.

I don't know why, but unless the version being released is a fleet-wide major rollout, I don't get it.

even simpler:

TO EXIT: double press Park in quick succession = EXIT (less than 1 second between presses);
single press of Park does everything it does today

ENTRY: Park button again used as "Memory Seat Key"; 1 press = "memory button 1". 2 presses = "Seat 2". 3 presses = Seat 3

I hope not! I have my settings not to unlock my doors on park automatically. Thus, when I do want to park and unlock, it's a double-tap of Park. That happens every time I leave home with a passenger as my garage is not wide enough to allow the passenger to get in while in the garage. I have to pull into the driveway for them to get in.

My car is a 2015 85D, AP1. I've only been getting the major updates for several months, none of the bug fix updates.

The only 8.0 updates I've gotten are:

2.36.108 (initial released version)
2.52.22 (this is the version I'm currently on)

My vehicle is connected to WiFi every night in my garage.

I don't know why, but unless the version being released is a fleet-wide major rollout, I don't get it.
When you look at the breakdown for updates, most of the recent updates, including 2.52.120, 2.52.36,, 17.3.2, 17.3.15, 17.5.28, and 17.5.36 are all for AP2 cars only.

17.6.15 is for P cars only.

The other two, 17.2.12 and 17.4.14 appear to be for Model S only, although there appear to be a very small number of Model X in the U.S. who got this update--guessing these were for very early Model X cars, maybe Signature edition.

So... for those of us driving Model X AP1 cars that are not P, it appears 2.52.22 actually is the most recent version.

I'm very happy with it, it is a great drive, has all the features I need, and given the focus on getting the AP2 cars up to parity with AP1 I'm not expecting any updates soon (other than possibly very minor updates).

So... for those of us driving Model X AP1 cars that are not P, it appears 2.52.22 actually is the most recent version.

I'm very happy with it, it is a great drive, has all the features I need, and given the focus on getting the AP2 cars up to parity with AP1 I'm not expecting any updates soon (other than possibly very minor updates).

FWIW as a MS owner who got both 2.52.22 and 17.4.14, you're really not missing much. Both of these builds have more or less identical (solid) AP1 performance, the only difference I've seen is that 17.4.14's PSL+5 Autosteer limit is independent of the Speed Limit Offset preference. But that's really not a big deal. I find the kind of people who demand going 5 above the speed limit probably have Speed Limit Offset set substantially higher than that ;-)

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D