Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family's brand new X 100D just finished updating to 17.11.10. Not sure what differences there are yet. Might try some autopilot. Got 8.1 17.11.3 an hour after picking up car on Friday. AP 2.0 with 8.1 still isn't as smooth as our P85D with AP 1.0. With 200 miles of AP 2.0 driving. Hope 17.11.10 fix maps not loading properly.

here is the size of 17.11.10.

Attachments

• IMG_3419.PNG
    IMG_3419.PNG
    136.6 KB · Views: 151
My family's brand new X 100D just finished updating to 17.11.10. Not sure what differences there are yet. Might try some autopilot. Got 8.1 17.11.3 an hour after picking up car on Friday. AP 2.0 with 8.1 still isn't as smooth as our P85D with AP 1.0. With 200 miles of AP 2.0 driving. Hope 17.11.10 fix maps not loading properly.

Would you mind posting the release notes?

Those links don't have the "new post" indicator though, and require an extra redirection.

I still think having a Model S-specific 8.1 post is a good idea. All those falcon wing/easy entry discussions are not relevant to us.

Use the Watched Threads link. It let's you check all the threads you've posted in or selected to Watch in one place.

Reactions: MP3Mike
The annoying thing is that there are no links to the 8.1 threads in this forum, which is the only forum I regularly check.

I have an idea, but do not follow the forums in detail nor often enough to implement myself. I, too, only manage to stumble over firmware news threads.

How about a thread where a link is posted to any new firmware version thread - including all the minor revision threads. Then folk could just WATCH that thread to keep up-to-date with update news, and WATCH any new threads, linked from that "New Firmware Posts" thread, that turn out to be of interest. If useful that thread could become sticky - and perhaps replace the Firmware 8.0 sticky as the "index" of all firmware threads.

If I had time I would "harvest" old threads into the initial post so that it served as a useful index of the ones that have gone by.

Reactions: Klaus
New Tesla Issued bumper sticker for HW2 cars coming out: "CAUTION I Brake hard for: Crosswalks, Overhead Signs, Signs on the side of the road, Overpasses, Ghosts, Manhole covers, dark spots on the road, random times when nothing is around, whenever I feel like waking up my driver!". I had hoped 17.11.3 would fix this, it's worse for me. And how would it have been to give us rain sensing wipers and auto high beam headlights.
Made me laugh !!
Going home yesterday it happened. Mystery emergency braking. What a trip. Then there was the flatbead tow truck slightly out of lane by the curb, that it didn't see. It just saw it and headed right for it w/out even thinking of stopping. Had we been inattentive - we'd have eaten the rear edge of the flatbead ... right thru the windshield ... both the real flatbead as well as its ghost image. Sure keeps us on our toes.
:eek: