Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not, unfortunately. Tesla's updates are currently still push only, where Tesla decides who gets what.

But since we're leaking 8.0 info, I'll express my dislike for it with one image:
apdisabled.png
I assume you have a way to bypass this already?

But since we're leaking 8.0 info, I'll express my dislike for it with one image:
apdisabled.png

can you confirm what triggers this message as there seems to be confusion whether it is if you ignore the first warning, or whether each warning counts,
also is it in response to the audible warning or the IC warning displayed shortly before the audible warning.

I dont like brown so I'm going to have to try really hard to avoid this !

Reactions: JenniferQ
If you have driven on 8.0, can you comment on upgrades to Nav? Supercharger accessibility and waypoints???

The interface has been redone a little bit.

You can set a "favorite" by pressing anywhere on the map. It will allow you to name it whatever you like, but it pre-fills with the closest street address.

To locate a charger, you click the lightning bolt icon on the lower right and it brings up all the charger pins on the map. The dialog on the left shows a list starting with Tesla then destination chargers you can pick from, or you can click the pin on the map.

You can do a quick press and swipe down on the menu button to navigate home.

I don't see any real-time supercharger data, nor any files being downloaded that would indicate this is possible.

It's not, unfortunately. Tesla's updates are currently still push only, where Tesla decides who gets what.

apdisabled.png
probably what happens once you get off the interstate... Basically anything with intersections it's not going to engage? I was wondering when they would do this...

• Disagree
Reactions: u00mem9
probably what happens once you get off the interstate... Basically anything with intersections it's not going to engage? I was wondering when they would do this...

I don't think so, it says "for the rest of this drive" which sounds like the announced penalty box you get put in after ignoring three audible warnings in an hour.

I'm 5'5" and I just tried adjusting my seat in every possible way and could not find an uncomfortable seat belt position.

That's good to know. I am 5'3" and am doing a test drive Friday. One of the things I am going to pay close attention to is the seatbelt shoulder location. My Volt doesn't have a shoulder belt height adjustment either and I have to raise my seat position quite a bit to avoid seatbelt neck chafe.

I don't think so, it says "for the rest of this drive" which sounds like the announced penalty box you get put in after ignoring three audible warnings in an hour.
Yea that was my 2nd thought... Hopefully I'm wrong and you're right... either way annoying as heck but understandable given all the crashes from people thinking their car is Johnny Cab from Total Recall.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: u00mem9
The interface has been redone a little bit.

You can set a "favorite" by pressing anywhere on the map. It will allow you to name it whatever you like, but it pre-fills with the closest street address.

To locate a charger, you click the lightning bolt icon on the lower right and it brings up all the charger pins on the map. The dialog on the left shows a list starting with Tesla then destination chargers you can pick from, or you can click the pin on the map.

You can do a quick press and swipe down on the menu button to navigate home.

I don't see any real-time supercharger data, nor any files being downloaded that would indicate this is possible.

So basically some improvements in terms of usability, but no new functionality whatsoever (such as e.g. entering waypoints). Correct?

So basically some improvements in terms of usability, but no new functionality whatsoever (such as e.g. entering waypoints). Correct?

My suspicion: Considering that 8.1 AP is said to use nav data to take exits automatically, I expect a bunch of nav-centric engineering to align around the 8.1 release. Those features may have been punted until then, and 8.0 is primarily an AP enhancement (and start fleet learning) + UI facelift release.

Reactions: liuping and Cyclone
That's good to know. I am 5'3" and am doing a test drive Friday. One of the things I am going to pay close attention to is the seatbelt shoulder location. My Volt doesn't have a shoulder belt height adjustment either and I have to raise my seat position quite a bit to avoid seatbelt neck chafe.
I think someone makes a little contraption than can move it down. I don't remember who sells it though.

From what I've seen/read/heard, if you ignore the place your hands on the wheel warnings, three times, then AP will not be available again until the car is stopped and put in park, then AP (steering lane keep) is available again only after that. Penalty for those to help deter not listening to warnings and keeping hands available on wheel...

Reactions: SeminoleFSU