Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how to not do this part?: "The control bar fades automatically for an uncluttered navigation experience."

I found it very annoying this morning that I couldn't figure out a quick way to bring the control bar back up when the map was up. I assume I am missing something obvious.
Sadly, you don't get the choice (which is particular bad that is hides the cellular bars). You must tap on the screen or put the car in part to see the top bar.

Move the map to the lower half of the screen, the toolbar at the top stays permanently visible.

Move the map to the lower half of the screen, the toolbar at the top stays permanently visible.

This is what I did on my morning drive, but when I am driving I didn't like having to look down to find the little screen flip button to get to my controls. Maybe I am just not used to it, but it felt too distracting to me. Also, if I am using the map I like for it be at the top which is more visible for a quick glance over. I will try josher32's double tap on my commute home.

Did anyone try swinging by a service center this morning to see if geofencing will work? The email Tesla just sent out sent said the roll out would be over the coming weeks. I'm thinking about running over to one by me during lunch.

Roll-out is by configuration and not random. If they're rolling out for your config then you'll get it; if your config isn't released yet it won't make any difference driving to the SC or calling Tesla etc.

Nog wat leesvoer, voor de mensen die bij hun auto zitten te wachten op de popup dat de update beschikbaar is:
Tesla Drivers Wake Up to a Serious Upgrade
volgens dat artikel wijkt hij nu ook licht uit binnen de baan als er aan de zijkant (andere baan) auto's rijden. Dat zou dan een oplossing zijn voor die K#$% motorrijders die klagen ;)

Reactions: S-19910 and Pebe