Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple engineers probably crack up at the Tesla UI and use it as an example of what NOT to do. I'm hoping 8.0 is better ... but early reviews regarding the removal of the jump scrolling being gone is a real bummer.

Speaking as a MacBook Pro and iPhone user, Apple's UX and accessibility are generally very bad. Just use iTunes which I think might be the worst design ever put into production (so much so that I refuse to use it now even though I'm completely in the Apple ecosystem, I just use Amazon for media now). Great hardware and crappy UX define Apple in my eyes.

Here's an accessibility test for you on a Mac... try to increase the left menu font of standard dialogs (besides finder) without decreasing the resolution of the screen (thus lowering the quality of the view).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jgs and Richg
I have an S60 and I got 8.0 when I woke up this morning. As far as I can tell being AP equipped, in the US, and connected to Wifi gives you your best chance.

Nothing particularly special about me as far as I know.
I'm with you. Got notified of pending update at 1:30am. Updated at 6:00am. I have a one month old S60 with autopilot. The update occurred over my home wifi in Oregon.

On the voice calling, it says if there's only one number, calling will begin immediately. But who has just one number? Most of my contacts have multiple phone numbers.

On my android, if I say "call <name>", it was call the number that is selected as the default for the contact without asking me to choose. I can override this by saying "call <name> mobile", or "call <name> work" and calling will go through without asking me to choose.

Somebody please check and say that 8.0 does at least this???
probably means one number under the specific contact as some contacts have 2 or more numbers attached to it (home, cell, office etc)