Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if they do it in a future update, there is no way they can switch it for all roads at the same time unless they are going to wait years. So even once it uses the new improved AEB it will act differently on different roads. (I wonder if Tesla will publish any details on witelisted roads, or make some indication on the IC that lets you know which type of AEB is enabled.)

For the radar only activation I imagine they're only going to activate it on freeways/highways. Where there is enough speed to warrant radar only based activation.

I'm also curious about what an Arizona dust storm looks on radar. That's where it could come in really handy if it works.

I'm glad I can stop telling people that the AEB activation won't switch on 8.0. :)

Even if they do it in a future update, there is no way they can switch it for all roads at the same time unless they are going to wait years. So even once it uses the new improved AEB it will act differently on different roads. (I wonder if Tesla will publish any details on witelisted roads, or make some indication on the IC that lets you know which type of AEB is enabled.)

I've been suggesting the need for some instrument panel indication for a while. Since this approach requires whitelist tiles, a data outage would mean you lose the extra protection on roads where you had it before, and there's no way of knowing what has tiles and what doesn't, unless Tesla tells you when you're in the system and when you aren't.

The other obvious implication of the whitelist coming with a new upgrade is that the are passing a new upgrade (8.1?) within a couple months after 8.0 rolls out.

I've been suggesting the need for some instrument panel indication for a while. Since this approach requires whitelist tiles, a data outage would mean you lose the extra protection on roads where you had it before, and there's no way of knowing what has tiles and what doesn't, unless Tesla tells you when you're in the system and when you aren't.

The other obvious implication of the whitelist coming with a new upgrade is that the are passing a new upgrade (8.1?) within a couple months after 8.0 rolls out.

Is there any definitive knowledge about the AP tiles to know whether or not they get stored locally, and how much local store it has. I thought they got cached on the SD card.

I can't imagine the AEB white list would be anywhere close to the size of the AP tiles. The AEB white list is only very specific situations where there is a dip/corner in a roar in front of a sign. Where the radar can get fooled since it's not good with the exact spot.

I'm hopping for better Nav pics. Currently when an exit appears on dash screen it shows a pretty grassy freeway exit. I'm hoping for a more realilistic California picture ( dead dry weeds with litter)

I'm just hoping for night mode on those. I can't be the only one who purposely dimmed his Instrumental console so I don't get blinded by those.

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
I got 8.0 today, and I'm not sure it adds much for me (non ap). Maybe a little more slick overall.

Unfortunately I seem to have lost album cover art on regular fm stations. Anyone else notice this? I still get them on slacker, but on fm I just get generic station logos. :( I hope this isn't permanent because it's a big downgrade in terms of polish imo.
You still have Slacker, you lucky dog!

Nope. Tomorrow I guess.

I mean, the improved AP sounds like it's worth the price of admission even considering. But good lord, just remove the USB player altogether if you're going to neglect it so egregiously. :-(
Not going to dislike your post, since I understand the "fix it or kill it" argument, but please don't give them any ideas. One of the things I paid for was the ability to play my own music files in the car. The interior features section of my delivery sticker states that the sound system "supports mp3, AAC, and mp4 music formats." Granted, it doesn't explicitly say FLAC or lossless anywhere, but it also doesn't say I will need to stream those music files from my phone or over the air from some third-party service.

Let's hope these issues are quickly recognized and dealt with. I don't have 8.0 yet, so I'm not sure how bad it is that they took away the ability to jump to a particular letter of the alphabet, but it sure doesn't sound good.

I don't have 8.0 yet, but try changing the name of the root directory of your USB stick, insert again and let it be scanned. If 8.0 is like 7.x, that will cause any tracks that may have Gracenotes album art to be ignored and pulled back down the next time you play the track. Rebooting the CID may help, but my past experience is to resolve the problem takes Media Player to think your tracks are all new to get the art (as strange as it is sometimes) flowing again...
Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I just assumed that any cached artwork was deleted due to the rewrite in the media application and would have to start over again.

I don't have 8.0 yet, but how do you guys think these obvious issues are getting past Tesla? Elon said there are about 1000 owners in the EAP program, and that Tesla works closely with them prior to the release.

Either:

1. The EAP drivers are telling Tesla about the lack of USB searching or jumping to a letter and Tesla's ignoring them, or

2. The EAP people aren't bringing these things up.

I'm sure there are some EAP lurkers here who'd love to comment but can't...