Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove 20 miles today using V 8.0 Autopilot. Three times my S85D turned into a car to the right of me. I had to turn away from the car to keep from having an accident. There was nothing on my left so the car was not moving right to move away from another car or structure.

I saw the same thing today on my 20 mile drive home. While in the middle of three lanes with no one on the left side, the car turned towards the back of an 18-wheeler's trailer that was in the right-lane, fortunately I had my hand on the wheel and turned back toward the left quickly. I've never had that happen in the year I've had my car.

in some areas with poor lane line markings, I've found that AP starting from 2 weeks ago had a harder time finding a lane compared to before.

It drove off the road and onto the shoulder three times.

Yesterday I drove a section of I-80 with a central median barrier which is about 1 foot from the edge of the road. Several times AP tried to steer me into the barrier. I didn't want to wait and see if it would actually hit the barrier so I disabled it.

Happened to me driving north on a straight section of Hwy 85 near Saratoga. The car spent a number of seconds with the wheels in the left shoulder before pulling the car back into the lane.

I also experienced this this morning where the car "dove" to the right towards a vehicle in the next lane. I was on the wheel and corrected but it was very odd.

Obviously, Tesla under guidance from the NHTSA has programed in a new method for forcing all of us AP users to always hold the wheel -- a method that is much more effective than a mere flashing warning at the periphery of the instrument panel. Deviously clever of them!

... I've been anxiously waiting to be delivered the 8.0 upgrade, but after catching up with the last day's posts I think I will defer the installation for a while.

Ummmm. Anyone else had this happen? I'm on my evening commute and my center console has just rebooted twice while driving within about 5 minutes. Black screen, Tesla symbol, then comes back online 30 seconds later. No impact on the steering display and no impact on the drive.

This has never happened to me before, so I'm assuming it's related to 8.0

Ummmm. Anyone else had this happen? I'm on my evening commute and my center console has just rebooted twice while driving within about 5 minutes. Black screen, Tesla symbol, then comes back online 30 seconds later. No impact on the steering display and no impact on the drive.

Today my center screen started rebooting, it rebooted about six times in a row. Don't know if it is 8.0 related, this is the third time I have driven since getting 8.0. The S connected tried to connect to a Starbucks WiFi just before it started.

So ever since updating, my 17" keeps rebooting sporadically while I'm driving..sometimes every 2 minutes, sometimes every 7 or 8...trying to get ahold of Tesla now... :/

Are you guys on .108 or .106?

Are you guys on .108 or .106?

This happened to me this afternoon. I have a 2016 75D and updated software to 8.0 on Monday 9/26.

Same thing...has done it 3 times in 15 min...upgraded last night and it was fine this morning

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
This happened to me this afternoon. I have a 2016 75D and updated software to 8.0 on Monday 9/26.

So I am a commuter on my way home from work its 93 degrees out and the 17" is now rebooting every couple of min and when it does it shuts off the AC..this is super annoying has happened over 15 times now. Can't reach anyone at my local service center or corporate via phone just voicemails and hold..was on hold 25min and finally hung up with tesla corp.

• Informative
This has got to be the most unstable release Tesla's ever put out.

In my hour drive home, I was listening to a podcast and some Slacker, while navigating to home.

During that time, my touchscreen crashed and restarted 7 times.

Seven. Times.

Needless to say, I wasn't able to ever get through a podcast. After restarting, the car thought it was navigating--kinda. It offered me the option to cancel my route, but had no turn by turn directions or a blue route line.

The SW used to properly restore your nav destination after a crash.

Anyone else seeing serious instability with using the music player?

• Informative
It is a challenging road but the old AP would work because the lines were clearly visible. I wanted to see if the v8 system was any better. It was worse. The old system never took me off the paved surface.
Just guess here, but I wonder if all the previous fleet learning had to be tossed out the window with the current AP changes (i.e. different metrics being gathered, or gathered in a different way), and thus we are starting fleet learning all over again.

Many people on 108 are being rebooted rather quickly today. Probably some small update (like charger list) that needs to be backed out. Just give it time and not worry. I've talked with 4 people who have been booted multiple times within minutes. I think one of them was on 7.1, but am unsure.
Just wanted to bump this up.

Seems it's a lot more than 4 people now ;).

Crap, I'm leaving work soon, anyone know if the wipers still work while the 17" is restarting?

So I am a commuter on my way home from work its 93 degrees out and the 17" is now rebooting every couple of min and when it does it shuts off the AC..this is super annoying has happened over 15 times now. Can't reach anyone at my local service center or corporate via phone just voicemails and hold..was on hold 25min and finally hung up with tesla corp.

Same here, I scheduled a call back 40 minutes ago but nothing yet. The constant on and off of the AC is really annoying in this heat.

Many people on 108 are being rebooted rather quickly today. Probably some small update (like charger list) that needs to be backed out. Just give it time and not worry. I've talked with 4 people who have been booted multiple times within minutes. I think one of them was on 7.1, but am unsure.

Just wanted to bump this up.

Seems it's a lot more than 4 people now ;).

Crap, I'm leaving work soon, anyone know if the wipers still work while the 17" is restarting?

Yeah. At least 20 that I've heard from (the Facebook messages are coming in quick). I don't know if it's 8.0 only though. If so, that would be interesting as usually these "dynamic" pieces of information usually are the same across releases. But maybe supercharger status or something like that which may be more integrated in 8.0 is to blame?