Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to delete a visited charger in the "visited chargers" list in V8 ?
I did it in V7.1 where there was a "Edit" button somewhere ... but I cannot see it now ... or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place...

I believe others reported to swipe right on the entry and Delete (or an X) will be an option to click on. But I'm not sure as I'm still on 7.1.

Absolutely agree. Many magazines I get are going to gray print, which even in good light are difficult to read. At times I've reverted to a head-mounted flashlight. In Tesla's case, it's the hands of the clock, medium gray against dark gray.
Mark your calendars, everyone! Against all the oddsmakers' predictions when 7.1 came out, someone is apparently using the analog clock! :)

- DAB (a European digital radio system): No possibility to choose a specific channel, only scan, which has the same problem: No detection of any channels with a signal less than 70%! In addition, no info is shown anymore about the current program (not to mention missing cover art on both FM & DAB!)
Scan is much better than in 7.1 where we got only channel numbers and you had to guess which DAB channel is for which region! But you are right: The reception is much weaker than before (I think that is not only a scan problem) ... that's also true for FM. And I miss the station logo and media info of DAB which was there on 7.1. I also think it should be possible adding the FM station logos by USB ... even VW can do (Infotainment < Technologie < Volkswagen Deutschland ... sorry in German ... in the download are png for every station - usage right only for VW nav systems ...)
I think the whole favorites thing has to be included into the driver settings ... my son who loves driving the car (as well as I do) has other favorites on Spotify and DAB.

Last edited:
Well he did say that a new kernel/browser was coming in December.
What he (EM?) said is one thing ... this is written on the linked page:

Enhanced Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot adds these new capabilities to the Tesla Autopilot driving experience. Your Tesla will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and be summoned to and from your garage.

Tesla’s Enhanced Autopilot software is expected to complete validation and be rolled out to your car via an over-the-air update in December 2016, subject to regulatory approval.

Very interesting. Even if it's marginally ok on a tablet, why would anyone think it's ok to use a low contrast grey type on a screen that you glance at while driving? Have any of the designers tested this with over age 40 eyes while driving?
I've seen this problem too with my TV set top box, a couple years ago they updated the firmware and the UI got a lot of light grey on blue text. Impossible to see at a distance, especially with aging eyes. I'm certain all the engineers are 20-something in age, looking at their big desktop monitors up close or on 84" TVs, not considering older users viewing at a distance or smaller screens. Tesla engineers are likely same. Readability should have priority over what's in fashion, especially in a car

Reactions: liuping and mrElbe
So now, ironically, I want to know if I can turn off all of the active safety features and make the car act like a classic MS. I don't want my car automatically braking for no reason, trying to steer away from objects that aren't there, and beeping at me when I cross the center lane to give bikers and pedestrians more room. How primitive can I make my technological marvel of a car?
I finally got my answer. Just buy a new Tesla and ignore any new updates.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
To all how are missing the manual for v 8.0 - it arrived yesterday in "MyTesla":
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_europe_de_de.pdf (German)

Could someone provide me the link to the european english, us english and australian english manual? I would like to add these in this post.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_europe_en_gb.pdf

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_australia_en_au.pdf

The 7.1 owners manual has been removed from the US page with no link to the 8.0 version. However with some guessing, voilà:

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

In case you're still looking for 7.1 (i.e. to compare changes):

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default..._7.1_das_ap_north_america_r20160112_en_us.pdf

Last edited:
Check at 35 minutes and 29 seconds:
Hi @Alex D ,
Thanks!
But that works in the "navigate->recent (or favourites)" lists. What I'm looking for is how to delete the "visited chargers" list which you display buy pressing the "chargers" view button (the one on the bottom right corner/side on the map app with the bolt sign)

I want to delete a charging location which the car registed in the wrong location ...

But that works in the "navigate->recent (or favourites)" lists. What I'm looking for is how to delete the "visited chargers" list which you display buy pressing the "chargers" view button (the one on the bottom right corner/side on the map app with the bolt sign)

I want to delete a charging location which the car registed in the wrong location ...

I have also looked (unsuccessfully) for a way to delete a charger.

The problem you mentioned is related to another problem I've seen where there is no way to edit the location of a charger...the use case is that the car translates the location of my garage to a nearby (but non-existent) address, instead of my home address. The geolocated charging settings work correctly, it's just annoying to see the wrong address show up. On 6.2, 7.0, and 7.1, I was able to delete that charging location, but I never was able to make it get the correct address or fix it manually.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: gmorales