Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Autopilot HW1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release notes for 17.14.23.
17.14.23 Release Notes.jpg

Tried AP on my AP1 S this AM on a hilly divided highway. Essentialy it appears to be the same as before. However it may be my imagination but autos in adjacent lanes show up a bit earlier to either the right or left. In the past those cars needed to be pretty far ahead to show up on the IC display.

I really like the Favorites Streaming station. All of my earlier Favorites were apparently saved. I wonder if it will randomized them in a true random manner. Time will tell.

Also wonder just how many Favorite selections are allowed? Anyone know?

I got an update notice a few days ago (I'm still on 8.0-2.52.22), but as usual I'm holding off on updating because of the reports that AP1 has gotten worse. Will wait it out a few more weeks/months/as-long-as-possible.

For what it's worth, I'll agree with those that say no difference in AP1 with the new update. Using 17.14.23, and with a limited (maybe 50 mile) test to and from work, AP1 felt exactly the same to me as did 2.52.22.

For what it's worth, I'll agree with those that say no difference in AP1 with the new update. Using 17.14.23, and with a limited (maybe 50 mile) test to and from work, AP1 felt exactly the same to me as did 2.52.22.
I just did a quick 15 mile test (about half interstate and half not). No apparent differences for being me either (vs 2.52.22)

Tried AP on my AP1 S this AM on a hilly divided highway. Essentialy it appears to be the same as before. However it may be my imagination but autos in adjacent lanes show up a bit earlier to either the right or left. In the past those cars needed to be pretty far ahead to show up on the IC display.

I really like the Favorites Streaming station. All of my earlier Favorites were apparently saved. I wonder if it will randomized them in a true random manner. Time will tell.

Also wonder just how many Favorite selections are allowed? Anyone know?
I wonder what you have to do to get on the update list... would like to see the new favorites on audio and Nav...

I agree, it appears that owners of AP1 equipped cars are now orphans, the mothership has cut it's links.
I wonder if any new updates will be available for our cars.
It would been a very bad signal for a future Tesla owner. Big advantage for owners of MS is your car is supposed to have regular over the air upgrade for free so if Tesla stop that they will lose respect of their customers and scare future one...