Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Classics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 17.26.17 yesterday. The new thing I see so far is the little "down arrow" on the top of the "about" screen. And if you pull it down with your finger it reveals access to the scratch pad.

Also with update to 17.24.28, my personal first update which I got last month, (Been driving with 8.0 2.50.114 since I acquired the MS) felt a very noticeable re-tuning to the regen. One-peddle driving has much stronger deceleration. Always set to "normal" regen, IMO, a lot better. My GF as well, without even knowing there was an update, mentioned to me the same thing.

I got 17.26.17 yesterday. The new thing I see so far is the little "down arrow" on the top of the "about" screen. And if you pull it down with your finger it reveals access to the scratch pad.

Also with update to 17.24.28, my personal first update which I got last month, (Been driving with 8.0 2.50.114 since I acquired the MS) felt a very noticeable re-tuning to the regen. One-peddle driving has much stronger deceleration. Always set to "normal" regen, IMO, a lot better. My GF as well, without even knowing there was an update, mentioned to me the same thing.
I thought every update made the regen weaker.

• Funny
Reactions: apacheguy
I got 17.32.9ea02cb last week (Over LTE) and then today updated to 17.32.6.ca28227 (Wifi). According to EV-FW that might be a step back, but I dunno. No change to the release notes besides "Bug fixes and improvements."

At this point I think Classics are pretty much a done deal besides minor UI changes. I've given up hope on ever seeing a useable web browser. I'm alright with the media player but I know others aren't too happy with it.

I am looking forward to the "exit mode" that was mentioned by Elon on Twitter a few days back, that would be a nice add on.

Pro tip : Exit mode can be simulated. Create a profile "Exit the car" and move seat to back, save profile. Select exit the car profile when exiting the car, select your personal profile when entering the car.
Yea, I have that, but stopped using it after a week as it just became bothersome. I'd love something that starts moving the seats and wheel the moment I put it in Park.

Honestly the "exit" driver profile would be better if the steering wheel moved first, but it moves last. It's the one thing I'd like out of the way first, I can exit while the seat is moving. Why can't they all move at once? Why must it be one thing at a time? (Seat moves back, seat moves up, seatback tilts, then finally steering wheel.)

I just got 2017.32.6. "minor fixes and enhancements"

What I would like to see is the small dash energy display include the miles estimate. I have to keep the big one up all the time. I use it for determining miles remaining instead of going by the rated nonsense. Helps me estimate if I will make it to the next SC or not.

I just got 2017.32.6. "minor fixes and enhancements"

What I would like to see is the small dash energy display include the miles estimate. I have to keep the big one up all the time. I use it for determining miles remaining instead of going by the rated nonsense. Helps me estimate if I will make it to the next SC or not.

That used to be an option (I think in Firmware 5). Sad that Tesla saw to do away with it and only let you display Rated Range (in NA) vs. having the option of using the guess-o-meter. I actually think Tesla's guess-o-meter does a decent job. Not perfect, but still pretty good.

That used to be an option (I think in Firmware 5). Sad that Tesla saw to do away with it and only let you display Rated Range (in NA) vs. having the option of using the guess-o-meter. I actually think Tesla's guess-o-meter does a decent job. Not perfect, but still pretty good.
Yes, it's a bit on the conservative side, but that's okay. The Trip Metre is the bees' knees.

Release notes for 2017.40.1:

Tesla release notes 2017.40.1 page1 1968sf 10-28-17.jpg

Tesla release notes 2017.40.1 page2 1969sf 10-28-17.jpg

I've tried out camper mode while my cat was in the car and I was running errands and it works fine. Really easy to access and turn on since it is located on the usual climate control custom menu.