TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 8.1 - Classics

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by HankLloydRight, Mar 29, 2017.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Totally agree. The steering wheel should move first. I wonder why in older cars you can't move the seats and wheel at the same time?

2. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

I also appreciate the change to Easy Entry with the seat belt removal, instead of Park. I found with using it that less was more: I have the seat move forward just a bit — I sit behind the B pillar — and the steering wheel move forward and up a bit. Helps with getting out but it doesn't take very long for the movements to happen. Like you I, too, wish the steering wheel would move first or at the same time as the seat.

3. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

If enough of us write in to [email protected] requesting a change in the order of movements during easy entry perhaps they will listen? I can only assume it's a hardware limitation in our older cars preventing multiple things from moving at once. When was that feature added anyway? Nose refresh cars?

4. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

If that's the case, it's odd that we have in the settings the ability to change the reading from bars to PSI. Why give us that if the car doesn't even have the ability to read the new sensors?

5. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

They really should just display the tire pressures in random order with vehicles that have the old Baolong type. Certainly more useful than not having anything displayed.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Agreed, but I reckon they thought that it would cause more complaints than not showing. The correctness of that idea is open to question in my opinion.

7. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Anyone in a classic having issues with the rear park aid not chiming? Fronts work fine but no sound on rears and I have toggled the chime and mute buttons and rebooted multiple times. Just started happening on 2018.6.1

8. SteveS0353

SteveS0353 Member

Yeah, I just noticed this myself. It probably began with the last firmware update. Very annoying.

9. iffatall

iffatall Member

10. Great Dane

Great Dane Member

Yep my reverse chimes are out too
    4 years on relying on the chimes and now they are gone
    Called service and Will be fixed in the next update.
    Sell me a car that can add features ,But don't take them away !
    Makes me wonder about code,
    when they update firmware things get jarred.
    Fire some beta testers and put me on that team.
    its actually quite a serious problem if you are use to them.

11. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I don't have chimes on my car, but whenever I have a loaner with chimes I turn them off because they really dislike where I park.

12. iffatall

iffatall Member

Rear sensor chimes are back in 2018.12 (or could be an earlier version).

I can confirm that I did observe this issue on my car too when it was reported here. Now it is gone.

13. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Well I'm still on 2018.6.1.....maybe the update fairy will come soon.

14. Ebony Star

Ebony Star Member

I'm on 2018.16. and the new Nav. B

2014 Model S.