Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Classics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My front louvers don't work after the update... I'd prefer no updates at this point instead of updates with bugs
What are the louvers supposed to do that they aren't now? I've noticed that my AC compressor is running much more than in previous months/years — it isn't particularly hot here in the mountains — and I saw that the louvers were closed while the compressor was running. Is that normal? Seems a bit odd but I never bothered to check the louvers before and haven't a clue how they are supposed to work.

Has anyone seen the new bug that Tesla introduced with 2018.26?
The scroll wheels no longer lets you select different apps on the drivers' display on both sides.
All you see is trip numbers and volume. If you are using navigation, that shows up.
I've tried the reset with no luck.
Another fine example of great Tesla firmware.

• Funny
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Has anyone seen the new bug that Tesla introduced with 2018.26?
The scroll wheels no longer lets you select different apps on the drivers' display on both sides.
All you see is trip numbers and volume. If you are using navigation, that shows up.
I've tried the reset with no luck.
Another fine example of great Tesla firmware.

Nope, all working for me in my classic 2014 pre AP with 2018.26 however my louvers may not be working, not sure as I have only had need to supercharge once since the last update and not for very long.

Got 2018.28.1 at a Service Center yesterday and noticed that my Instrument Cluster freezes and then reboots from time to time. MCU is unaffected, just the IC. Has anyone else seen this? Not sure it is related to the firmware update, of course, but a firmware change might explain it.
That kind of comes and goes. On my car it's far better now than it used to be. I haven't had an instance of it for a couple of years now. Because the cars change all the time (at one time Elon said they made thirty changes per week IIRC), different cars react differently to various firmware versions.

This seems to be the latest "firmware for classics" thread...

Does anybody have seat heaters via the app working correctly?

I can turn the car HVAC on, but no matter what setting I have the seat heaters on via the app, my seats never appear to be warm once I get to the car.

My car is an early '13, so not sure if that's the issue, or if it perhaps it's something folks with later cars are experiencing as well?

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
This seems to be the latest "firmware for classics" thread...

Does anybody have seat heaters via the app working correctly?

I can turn the car HVAC on, but no matter what setting I have the seat heaters on via the app, my seats never appear to be warm once I get to the car.

My car is an early '13, so not sure if that's the issue, or if it perhaps it's something folks with later cars are experiencing as well?
I do have seat heater controls on my app 3.8. They seem to default to setting 2 but can be adjusted from 0 to 3 individually. The seat heater icons are right below the heater flow arrows. When I checked to see if they were on, the seats felt cool to the touch but when I sat in one and adjusted it via the app, the heater was on (however, as soon as the door opens, the climate control turns off — use the app to turn it back on again for experimentation). Try adjusting the heater in the seat you want to 3 on the app and see what you think. You need to be running app 3.8 or higher for seat heater controls.

The V9 thread for classic cars is here:

Software Version 9 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

I do have seat heater controls on my app 3.8. They seem to default to setting 2 but can be adjusted from 0 to 3 individually. The seat heater icons are right below the heater flow arrows. When I checked to see if they were on, the seats felt cool to the touch but when I sat in one and adjusted it via the app, the heater was on (however, as soon as the door opens, the climate control turns off — use the app to turn it back on again for experimentation). Try adjusting the heater in the seat you want to 3 on the app and see what you think. You need to be running app 3.8 or higher for seat heater controls.

The V9 thread for classic cars is here:

Software Version 9 for Non-AP/Classic Cars
Ah thanks... I was searching for threads with "Firmware" in the title, as this one had...thanks... I'll post there too.

I do have the seat heater controls, but like you, it doesn't feel like they actually operate from the app in "pre-heating" mode.

I actually wonder if there's an interlock where the heaters won't operate unless they detect weight in the seat...