Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's even that good. It's not stall-specific. And it's not real time. It just tells you which supercharger locations are "full speed" (120kWh or 135kWh) or "urban" (72kWh). It just shows the maximum rated power output. And I suspect (but don't know) that if a SC location output is reduced, it's not going to display that. It's really just meant to separate Urban SC from the rest.
Evidently - that guess is spot on - because yesterday we were ~50 miles out, south of San Juan Capistrano. We'd have NEVER stopped, even though we only had 20 miles range left - if we'd have known our 'super' charge session (on a cool - 72° day) was going to be dang-near THREE HOURS !! We jumped to a couple other stalls during the 1st 10 minutes, to no avail. BUT there WAS an upside to the dud chargers;

20170917_114824.jpg

We didn't experience ANY slowdown, once we approached the 80% mark.
:D :(
Good thing we got there just before 11:30am, because we asked others & only 1 pair was running over 50kW's & a HUGE wait line started. Well ya ... if most are taking nearly 3hrs.
The latest ½ass'ed software upgrade to our screen notices would have prompted us to limp another 10 miles north to a 50kW CHAdeMO - if it were designed to do what we wrongly thought it would do.
Oh well - making the most of it, I had time to use our new aerosol/wareless wash/wax kit, & have a nice loooooooong lunch.
(sigh) still the best thing goin'

The latest ½ass'ed software upgrade to our screen notices would have prompted us to limp another 10 miles north to a 50kW CHAdeMO - if it were designed to do what we wrongly thought it would do.

If that was the case why didn't you just pickup a little bit of charge and run, not limp, to the 50Kw CHAdeMO? (It would have saved you almost 1.5 hours right?)

as already mentioned - the finish needed sprucing up anyway, & it was lunch time anyway. We did consider continuing to drive north, but after factoring that the 2 CHAdeMO's up in Irvine could be ICE'ed or occupied or down, then it would have been doubly bad. You don't want to be around my better ½ if she's missed a meal.
;)

Reactions: MP3Mike
I have to do more testing, but I think Tesla fixed the media player that constantly picked the wrong bluetooth source/app on my phone. Previously, no matter what I was listening to last (usually iPod), it ALWAYS went to play the last Podcast I had listened to or some random Audible audiobook. At least for now, it seems to be staying on the iPod app. Fingers crossed it's actually fixed. Now if they would just disable the auto-play "it's not a bug, it's a feature" feature. :rolleyes:

I have to do more testing, but I think Tesla fixed the media player that constantly picked the wrong bluetooth source/app on my phone. Previously, no matter what I was listening to last (usually iPod), it ALWAYS went to play the last Podcast I had listened to or some random Audible audiobook. At least for now, it seems to be staying on the iPod app. Fingers crossed it's actually fixed. Now if they would just disable the auto-play "it's not a bug, it's a feature" feature. :rolleyes:

That's almost certainly a bug with the phone's proactive assistant feature that tries to predict the audio source you want rather than just playing the last thing….

That's almost certainly a bug with the phone's proactive assistant feature that tries to predict the audio source you want rather than just playing the last thing….

Totally not true. EVERY OTHER BLUETOOTH device, including other cars, can remember the previous app/content being played on my same device. Only in the Tesla did it force the source back to podcasts or audible. In fact, different devices remember different apps/starting points and start back up where they each left off. But not in the Tesla -- it always goes to the wrong app, and never the last one I was listening to.

Ok, here’s a new “feature” of 2017.36 that’s really starting to annoy me.

I’ve muted Nav since the very early days of owning my cars, almost 3 years ago. Throughout those years and dozens of software updates from 6.0 onwards, I’ve almost never heard the Nav voice (sometimes a new update would reset the volume, but muting it again kept it muted).

Now with 2017.36, the Nav voice comes back randomly when I start a new route. Muting it keeps it muted for the duration of that route, but starting a new route sometimes unmutes it and I can’t tell what the pattern is yet... very frustrating!

I’ve muted Nav since the very early days of owning my cars, almost 3 years ago. Throughout those years and dozens of software updates from 6.0 onwards, I’ve almost never heard the Nav voice (sometimes a new update would reset the volume, but muting it again kept it muted).

Now with 2017.36, the Nav voice comes back randomly when I start a new route. Muting it keeps it muted for the duration of that route, but starting a new route sometimes unmutes it and I can’t tell what the pattern is yet... very frustrating!

Oh...that's not just me and my imagination then!

Bruce.

So, this might be a bug going back a few versions, but it just hit me.

My house is off of a main road, well, it's actually on the corner of a side street and the main road. Usually, as I approach the house on the main road, the GPS Homelink auto-open popdown shows up.. occasionally, I am not going to my house, but continuing down the road past my house. In those cases, I hit the "SKIP" button and all is good.

But yesterday, I was driving by, and went to hit "SKIP", but missed just by a tiny bit, and apparently it sent the regular remote trigger signal as I drove on. About an hour later I return to find my garage door open.. and of course, the auto GPS Homelink triggers and starts to close it.

I never thought that missing the "SKIP" button by a pixel or two would actually trigger the remote signal. Good thing I was returning soon, as the door was open the entire time -- and lots inside just waiting to be boosted - like my Arachnids I'm trying to sell, and 19" winter rims and tires, and a set of 21" tires for winter, and my 19" winter rims and tires for my BMW. Basically lots of rims and tires in there could have walked away.

I would think if the "SKIP" button pops up, that hitting the regular bar would dismiss the "SKIP" button without sending the signal. Or the entire bar triggers the "SKIP" function. I never expected that I would inadvertently trigger the open signal.

But yesterday, I was driving by, and went to hit "SKIP", but missed just by a tiny bit, and apparently it sent the regular remote trigger signal as I drove on. About an hour later I return to find my garage door open.. and of course, the auto GPS Homelink triggers and starts to close it.

Chamberlain, WiFi enabled. Would have notified you the door opened. Could have closed it remotely. Highly recommend it. Power failure immune with battery backup as well.

Reactions: bmah

Thanks for sharing. Same here.

So, this might be a bug going back a few versions, but it just hit me.

My house is off of a main road, well, it's actually on the corner of a side street and the main road. Usually, as I approach the house on the main road, the GPS Homelink auto-open popdown shows up.. occasionally, I am not going to my house, but continuing down the road past my house. In those cases, I hit the "SKIP" button and all is good.

I never thought that missing the "SKIP" button by a pixel or two would actually trigger the remote signal. Good thing I was returning soon, as the door was open the entire time -- and lots inside just waiting to be boosted - like my Arachnids I'm trying to sell, and 19" winter rims and tires, and a set of 21" tires for winter, and my 19" winter rims and tires for my BMW. Basically lots of rims and tires in there could have walked away.

I would think if the "SKIP" button pops up, that hitting the regular bar would dismiss the "SKIP" button without sending the signal. Or the entire bar triggers the "SKIP" function. I never expected that I would inadvertently trigger the open signal.

This has sadly been a limitation since auto-Homelink was introduced in 7.1 (?). That's why it turned it off for one of my three programmed garage doors as I would hit skip too many times just driving to function in the neighborhood (like pool to the grocery store passed that house).