Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
IMG_1627.jpg

I'm curious to see what happens to AP1 cars with this. AP2 appears to have parity, but 8.1 was supposed to bring auto exit and a few other goodies, it will be interesting to see if AP1 cars pull ahead a bit with features or if they were held back and will come with incremental updates afterwards.

I think AP1 cars will get a different release code.
I agree, but one has to think if there were features complete for AP1, would they release the update that brings parity then update AP1 with additional features? I can see a lot of moaning and groaning going on if that happens. It seems as if all of their effort goes into AP2 autopilot nowadays and not into features like better voice control (or voice for that matter) and things like exit seat profiles and UI.

I wouldn't think you'd notice an upgraded Linux kernel. It's probably a bit more secure and less buggy, but day-to-day you probably wouldn't actually see any difference.

The new browser, well - again - might not be new UI, just faster/more responsive scrolling (which would be fine with me!)