Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pending firmware update: ? Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe they've rolled out security patches very quickly and also when they adjusted SAS functionality before installing the shields.

Thanks for the response. Another thing that I have noticed is that I get the updates around day 3 or 4 after they show up on the Tracker and on this forum. Its oddly regular considering they seem to roll these updates out over month(s). The last 3 updates have been the same for me, wake up to an update about 3 days after I first see it here. I am AP2 so I have been following updates like a hawk.

Thanks for the response. Another thing that I have noticed is that I get the updates around day 3 or 4 after they show up on the Tracker and on this forum. Its oddly regular considering they seem to roll these updates out over month(s). The last 3 updates have been the same for me, wake up to an update about 3 days after I first see it here. I am AP2 so I have been following updates like a hawk.
It's been very similar for me as well. I'm never the first to receive an update, but never the last either. The shortest time between updates for my car was 4 days, between versions 17.3.15 and 17.5.28.

For some reason, I only receive firmware update notifications on one of my Android devices. I usually don't find out about the update until I get into the car in the morning. While I've been tempted to install while I'm at work, I usually wait until I return home before seeing what new features have been added.

I am not at home. I'm out on business. I have 17.9.3 on the car for serveral weeks. My spreadsheet says I got 17.9.3, 3 days after someone posted it on TMC, I can't be the only person to get it so I am beginning to lose hope but I'll post again when I get to the car. Sorry for the delay guys.
Ok, well let's charter a helicopter for you so you can get back and check for us...

I am not at home. I'm out on business. I have 17.9.3 on the car for serveral weeks. My spreadsheet says I got 17.9.3, 3 days after someone posted it on TMC, I can't be the only person to get it so I am beginning to lose hope but I'll post again when I get to the car. Sorry for the delay guys.

Not to fan the "update available with no details" flame, but I am also on 17.9.3 and got a notice for a software update available this morning as well. Unfortunately my AP2 car is in the body shop getting it's fender fixed until April 4th. :( I'm tempted to drive into town and install it at the shop just to see!

• Informative
Reactions: HumanGenome
8.1 Tonight tonight would be great. I have a new AP 2.0 X. Does the update show on phone when its avail ? It there a notification ?

The car downloads and verifies the update first - which should happen sooner if you have the car on Wi-FI.

Once it has a valid tarball, it sets the screen notification - and should send a notification to the phone as well if you've got the notifications set up and have logged in recently.