Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pending firmware update: ? Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we all know when the mothership decides to send out a new release, especially a major version, it happens to many cars at the same time.

With just two sporadic firmware update notice reports and no actual results yet, my bet is that this (of course) is not 8.1.

We go through this every single time, people get an update notice, rush to post about it, but can't actually update their car for hours (or days even) to find out what the update actually was. So perhaps, just maybe, don't post a new thread until you know for sure. You don't get bragging rights by being the first to post that you got an update, but oops!!.. it's not actually 8.1 (or whatever the pending update is going to be).

Last edited:
I think we all know when the mothership decides to send out a new release, especially a major version, it happens to many cars at the same time.

Just to compare when 8.0 was released, build 2.36.108 had 52 reports right away on 9/23. Another 40 the next day, then 50 or more each the next few days.

I'm sure when 8.1 is actually released, we'll see A LOT of cars all at once getting updates. That's when we know it's out.

So far 3 people with updates and no one was able to go check right away? Filthy casuals :p

I'm guessing we've all been trolled. No new releases have shown up on TeslaFi or EV-FW.com. Two people in the thread said they were on 17.9.3 and had pending updates, but if that were true something would have hit one of those sites by now.

I had this fedex package at my front door today from some guy named Elon with a USB stick in it word wonder what i do with it.

Definitely turn always connected on unless you need the charge for your commute in the morning. The update will have a hard time getting to you otherwise.

Does "always connected" actually use that much energy it makes a difference in charging?

• Funny
Reactions: TR5642 and vrykolas