TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 8.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jjh1234, Aug 20, 2017.

1. doofenshmirtz

doofenshmirtz Member

anybody with a dead browser after 2018.26 on a classic? not that I use it much but sometimes a song comes on that you just have to look up the lyrics for...:)

2. morbot

morbot Member

I just got update to 2018.32.2 3817fdd last night.

When I try to use the steering wheel FWD/BCK buttons to change between streaming radio channels, it doesn't work. And, after attempting, the media player completely freezes. It'll finish the existing song, but you cannot skip songs, cannot change channel, cannot switch to radio, etc. - you have to reboot the infotainment system.

I've been able to reproduce it multiple times.

3. Hank42

Hank42 Member

Did this start after 2018.28.5 or a different version update?

4. Hankee

Hankee New Member

Having the same problems since latest update with the mediaplayer and also getting a black screen once and a while at the spedometer screen behind the steering wheel

5. shady

shady Member

I'm getting the speedo reboots (85 classic) but no mediaplayer issues

6. Chris1

Chris1 Member

My Browser is also not working. So much for an update

7. doofenshmirtz

doofenshmirtz Member

and the speedo reboots now.. oh well

8. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Multiple versions of 8.1 still have not fixed the traffic data not updating, it’s getting really frustrating..

For those who aren’t familiar: drive your car at one point in the day (e.g. rush hour) and observe bad traffic in the maps app on the CID. Park for a few hours, then get back in your car - maps will show the same traffic data as when you last drove it, even though actual traffic is completely different.

You have toggle the traffic icon off then back on to see the real traffic data updated on the screen. Here’s a basic video example:

9. tnawara

tnawara Member

2013 Model S 60, got the 8.1 2018.28.5 (377ec8b) this week. My speedo has been rebooting every 10-15 minutes and the browser isn't loading anything. Interesting that this happened right after I got the email that my P3D was ready...

10. CK_Stuggi

CK_Stuggi Member

Traffic data being stuck was fixed for me in .28.5?

11. Hank42

Hank42 Member

I'm still on 28.5 and haven't seen an issue in a couple of days. I am really starting to believe Tesla engineers update between releases behind the scenes with nobody the wiser, or there was some backend problem that was corrected at the mothership. I'm interested to see if anyone else on 28.5 sees their problems magically disappear without an to update.
    I'm all good with testing new releases, just give us a little warning that it might not he fully baked!

12. Chris1

Chris1 Member

In the morning after an update that took place over night internet browser was acting as if it wasn’t connected to the internet ( I tested it a few times with the same result), while all of the internet radio was working just fine. But I checked again later in the afternoon and it was working just fine... so I guess some king of a quick fix got pushed through?

13. Chris1

Chris1 Member

Did any of your issues get resolved?

14. AKarlsson

AKarlsson Member

I would guess your car has made a full reboot of the mcu and therefor lagging sub updates has been fully performed.

15. Chris1

Chris1 Member

I didn’t reboot anything myself, not sure if the system rebooted itself

16. gt2690b

gt2690b Member

It started After the 2018.28.5 .. still doing it as of last night

17. Hank42

Hank42 Member

I spoke earlier that I hadn't seen an issue in a couple of days. Spoke too soon!
    Speedo froze while driving, then PASSENGER DOOR OPENED BY ITSELF just as the speedo went dark and rebooted.

THIS IS NEW AND SCARY BEHAVIOR

I have never had any concerns for safety until today when the door opened. Sure, a speedo reboot, no biggie, MCU reboot, again, no big deal. But if doors, or frunks or trunks can open while I am driving - that is a BIG DEAL. (I don't have Autopilot hardware, but man, I'd be reluctant to trust that if I had it with this realease!! )

TESLA, FIX THIS ABOMINATION OF A RELEASE BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT!!!

18. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

I assume you called and reported this!? This isn't the place to report problems to Tesla.

19. doofenshmirtz

doofenshmirtz Member

I had the passenger door unlock problem a year ago on just my wife’s profile but they had to some piece of hardware to resolve. I’m guessing it’s not related to the current firmware issues. YMMV of course

20. Hank42

Hank42 Member

Yup, left them a message. But wanted to let others to be wary of this FW Rev.