Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you reset the location when parked just in front of the garage door? It works great for me (also on .42).

It doesnt make sense because the geofencing works coming in, but not leaving. Both have been reset. I have even set the distance for my garage to 30ft and toggled the distance to open from my gate to 30 - 100 ft ...

Nothing.

Sometimes, after manually opening my gate, after I pass thru, the "icon" will turn green and actually count up ... opening in 30ft 40ft 50ft ....

It doesnt make sense because the geofencing works coming in, but not leaving. Both have been reset. I have even set the distance for my garage to 30ft and toggled the distance to open from my gate to 30 - 100 ft ...

Nothing.

Sometimes, after manually opening my gate, after I pass thru, the "icon" will turn green and actually count up ... opening in 30ft 40ft 50ft ....

The geofencing works perfectly for me, coming and going. Leaving the garage and approaching - with location reset (as it states) with car directly in front of garage door.

Are you only working with a garage? My setup is a garage plus a gate nearby.

Yup, just single garage.
Ah, now I get your other comments - you're wanting it do staged open/closing of both. Pull up towards gate, have it open, drive through, pull up towards garage and have it open - with backing out (or backing out of garage, turning and pulling forward through gate) closing behind you.
I'm not sure it handles having two independent things like that - or the geofencing buffer zone overlaps between the two. Have you asked Tesla about it?

Yup, just single garage.
Ah, now I get your other comments - you're wanting it do staged open/closing of both. Pull up towards gate, have it open, drive through, pull up towards garage and have it open - with backing out (or backing out of garage, turning and pulling forward through gate) closing behind you.
I'm not sure it handles having two independent things like that - or the geofencing buffer zone overlaps between the two. Have you asked Tesla about it?
it's the backing up that confuses it ... this is a known issue that has been in the software since before v8.

2015 P85D here.......new to message boards.

Last night's release - caused significant issues with lock/unlock - my kids and my keys were locked in my car this morning! Twice.

Release before that.........my driver assistance features all stopped working....

Anyone else?!

It probably wants to see you leaving a range bubble around the geofence before it resets you entering it again. I'm guessing the gate is within that bubble. Definitely worth asking Tesla support about.

I agree. The garage bubble reaches probably close to the inside of the gate, thus not sending another transmission (if so it would reopen the garage).

2015 P85D here.......new to message boards.

Last night's release - caused significant issues with lock/unlock - my kids and my keys were locked in my car this morning! Twice.

Release before that.........my driver assistance features all stopped working....

Anyone else?!
I have same year/model and have not received an update since the late Oct 'Happy Camper' update. Wondering why. Now I think it might be because of issues specific to our model that you describe. Had your locking out issue been resolved be late point releases?

I have same year/model and have not received an update since the late Oct 'Happy Camper' update. Wondering why. Now I think it might be because of issues specific to our model that you describe. Had your locking out issue been resolved be late point releases?

P85d got .42 yesterday. I thought it odd to be back a few versions. No problems so far except slacker/TuneIn streaming is still stuttering same as before.

Software version 2017.50.10 563d37d was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 with Autopilot 2.5 hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.50.3 f3425a1 [on S/X -- where as Model 3 was on 2017.48.xx]. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

Last edited: