TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 8.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jjh1234, Aug 20, 2017.

1. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

So you reset the location when parked just in front of the garage door? It works great for me (also on .42).

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

It doesnt make sense because the geofencing works coming in, but not leaving. Both have been reset. I have even set the distance for my garage to 30ft and toggled the distance to open from my gate to 30 - 100 ft ...

Nothing.

Sometimes, after manually opening my gate, after I pass thru, the "icon" will turn green and actually count up ... opening in 30ft 40ft 50ft ....

3. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

The geofencing works perfectly for me, coming and going. Leaving the garage and approaching - with location reset (as it states) with car directly in front of garage door.

4. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Are you only working with a garage? My setup is a garage plus a gate nearby.

5. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

Yup, just single garage.
    Ah, now I get your other comments - you're wanting it do staged open/closing of both. Pull up towards gate, have it open, drive through, pull up towards garage and have it open - with backing out (or backing out of garage, turning and pulling forward through gate) closing behind you.
    I'm not sure it handles having two independent things like that - or the geofencing buffer zone overlaps between the two. Have you asked Tesla about it?

6. clea

clea Member

it's the backing up that confuses it ... this is a known issue that has been in the software since before v8.

7. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

Backing up for the 'second' zone you mean? I back out of my garage and it closes on exit just fine.

8. Mzp30305

Mzp30305 New Member

2015 P85D here.......new to message boards.

Last night's release - caused significant issues with lock/unlock - my kids and my keys were locked in my car this morning! Twice.

Release before that.........my driver assistance features all stopped working....

Anyone else?!

9. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Here's a quick video of what I'm talking about. It appears the geofencing won't allow the Gate to be recognized on my way out - until the garage is out of range. However, it works perfectly when I return.

To be clear: I have reset both locations multiple times.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/drc8gKt5mbYf2mZG3

10. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

It probably wants to see you leaving a range bubble around the geofence before it resets you entering it again. I'm guessing the gate is within that bubble. Definitely worth asking Tesla support about.

• Informative x 1
  11. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

I agree. The garage bubble reaches probably close to the inside of the gate, thus not sending another transmission (if so it would reopen the garage).

12. steve841

steve841 Active Member

The irony is that 2017.42 fixed my intermittent send fails but introduced this new issue.

13. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Remember when we all obsessed over getting 8.1 and none of the features like off ramp and kernel were in it, just named the next update 8.1 to shut us all up then changed the version pattern and we all just stopped? Ah those were the days....

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  14. sbrand

sbrand Member

I have same year/model and have not received an update since the late Oct 'Happy Camper' update. Wondering why. Now I think it might be because of issues specific to our model that you describe. Had your locking out issue been resolved be late point releases?

15. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

P85d got .42 yesterday. I thought it odd to be back a few versions. No problems so far except slacker/TuneIn streaming is still stuttering same as before.

16. pvazquez03

pvazquez03 2017 Model S75D

Is the .50 out yet, any word on when?

17. d21mike

d21mike Member

18. pvazquez03

pvazquez03 2017 Model S75D

19. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#119 scottf200, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Software version 2017.50.10 563d37d was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 with Autopilot 2.5 hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.50.3 f3425a1 [on S/X -- where as Model 3 was on 2017.48.xx]. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

20. Lodo1000

Lodo1000 2017 75D AP2 Prem CW

Just got the notice. That's a big jump.;)