Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else's Home link stop working with 2017.40.1? I suspect I have to reset it with my garage opener, just wondering if it's a widespread issue.
Yea, ours went from bad to worse yesterday. The mobile truck was out replacing defective 2nd row lay flat seating parts, & he was supposed to 'fix' the home link. It went from flakier, to worse, to complete fail. The mobile truck guy must have put 2 or 3 miles on the car, driving to & away from the house, trying to figure what's up. We could be a 1/4 mile from the home, & the home link would still indicate green, as though we were w/in 100' of the home. Pretty pathetic. So now, the mobile repair guy has engineering involved. (sigh).

Updated to 2017.40.1 last night and now my driver side mirror won’t fully present. Any tricks to get it working again? Makes it about 80 percent and stops. Passenger side seems fine.
Managed to get it working by interrupting it mid close by pressing the fold button twice making it open before fully closing. Seems to be opening fully now but it was taking a lot longer than the other side to open. Not sure if it need some grease or if this is all software related. Time will tell I suppose.

I'll see if there are other threads about it but since installing 40.1 (coming from .34) I noticed a *significant* improvement in TACC and AP. It no longer 'jerked' into the lane when enabling. When people cut in front of me it no longer freaked out and braked aggressively - it saw them come in, *very* slowly backed off (seeing that they weren't getting closer in any particular way) and they continued out of that lane and into the other on their way through with no issues at all. It definitely used to brake relatively aggressively when this happened.
I also noticed what I thought was a 'phantom brake' incident (what I call it when a semi in the left or right lane would suddenly be seen as being in my lane and it would brake hard for no good reason). Instead it braked for no apparent reason yet it showed the semi clearly in the left lane (as a white car, not grey). I couldn't figure out why it wanted to stay where it was until I finally noticed (was distracted by the 'weird' braking) that the semi in the left lane had its right turn signal on! It slowed down and backed off to let them in (and this was while only in TACC!).
I also had multiple cases where it didn't have any cars ahead of it (outside range), going fairly quick and came up on much slower cars. It used to slow down, but it always seemed a bit on the aggressive side (kind of like an oh, OH! I guess I should slow down!). Today it slowed down much smoother. Following lanes seemed to be significantly smoother as well.
I use TACC every single day for about 95% of my commute (and AP a bit here and there tentatively) so the differences today were quite noticeable.

Managed to get it working by interrupting it mid close by pressing the fold button twice making it open before fully closing. Seems to be opening fully now but it was taking a lot longer than the other side to open. Not sure if it need some grease or if this is all software related. Time will tell I suppose.
i have this same issue, i took it in to service to get a new motor and am waiting on the part to come in. they never actually looked at the current motor prior to ordering tho, so i dunno if its actually software related (i dont think so) or hardware (it sounds like its dying)

I have no issue with homelink after the upgrade. I upgraded yesterday morning at work, had no issue when I got home and had no issue when I pulled out of garage in this morning.

I haven't used AP that much because it is dark and raining, but it will be great to see the improvement that was reported earlier.

I've got an AP1 85D and still on 17.32.6 x28227 firmware.. Haven't there been five or six updates since this version in the 9 weeks since I got this?

I think they've anchored my car until someone manually does it on Tesla's end. I almost never get updates unless it's at a service center or I complain and then magically it comes through the next day.

I've got an AP1 85D and still on 17.32.6 x28227 firmware.. Haven't there been five or six updates since this version in the 9 weeks since I got this?

I think they've anchored my car until someone manually does it on Tesla's end. I almost never get updates unless it's at a service center or I complain and then magically it comes through the next day.

My pre-facelift 90D went from 34 to 40 last weekend. I wouldn't worry about not getting recent updates. Camper mode is pretty much the only new feature since 32, right?

If I were running this bit of Tesla I'd probably slow down updates as cars age, to favor stability. Older hardware is less and less likely to support new software features as time goes on. That's pretty much universal, car or phone or laptop. So their owners will be more likely to complain about new bugs than to get excited about new features. Put them on the slow track and make sure they only get tested, stable updates.

My pre-facelift 90D went from 34 to 40 last weekend. I wouldn't worry about not getting recent updates. Camper mode is pretty much the only new feature since 32, right?

If I were running this bit of Tesla I'd probably slow down updates as cars age, to favor stability. Older hardware is less and less likely to support new software features as time goes on. That's pretty much universal, car or phone or laptop. So their owners will be more likely to complain about new bugs than to get excited about new features. Put them on the slow track and make sure they only get tested, stable updates.
I used to get updates frequently, but now it's almost never. I think they targeted my car since I complained about it's electronics.

• Funny
Reactions: Shiro