Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On this new version the nags are unbearable. I always keep my hands on the wheel but somehow I'm not applying enough pressure somewhere. I keep getting locked out of AP even though my hands are on the wheel the whole time! I guess I'll also file a report to Tesla. This is why we can't have nice things! Idiots.

It's not pressure, it's torque that you need to apply.

Reactions: Kacey Green
just got 2018.24.1

upgrade notes are priceless

upload_2018-6-28_0-12-22.png

:rolleyes:

Yes, indeed; I misspoke. I am not applying enough torque. Tesla responded right away to my complaint and said they are working on a fix in the next firmware update. Let's hope so. This current functionality is not why I bought a Tesla with AP.
Which version are you current on? 2018.21.9? Which would mean next update is 2018.24.1? That information is really helpful. The change to AP in 24.1 was to change the MESSAGE on how to use AP instead of changing how AP works. Now unless you are already on 24.1 and the next update is 26 then that might be different. But my guess is we will not see a change in the nag interval when hands are not on the wheel.

Reactions: davidc18
Having experienced AP now, with my Model 3 I wanted to chime in on the issue of nags. I can definitely empathize with people who complain about them. If you try to go hands free, yeah the nags might seem annoying. "Really, 45 seconds and I have to tug the wheel again?" And if you just hold the wheel and don't tug, you might get annoyed that the car is still telling you to apply light force to the wheel. I found that resting my left at the 9 o'clock position applies enough gentle torque that the nags don't happen or don't happen very often. Also, I found that I could go hands free for a few dozen seconds and just give the wheel a gentle back and forth tug when the nag came on and it dismissed the nag easily. So for me, it wasn't a huge deal. I do hope that eventually, Tesla is able to do away with the nags completely at least for highway cruising so that we can enjoy true hands free driving on long road trips. I do think that EAP is almost there in terms of hands free highway driving. Both TACC and Auto steer work really well on the highway so if you add the side cameras to see cars coming up behind you and add speed limit signs, I think you would have a pretty good hands free highway driving system.

Reactions: MarkKW
The notes for 2018.26 were ready and waiting for me after the update.

Best thing today? Getting EAP functions back after 2018.24.1 removed them after they worked great following (authorised) repairs due to a bumper (fender) wall interaction some weeks back.

Thanks to Scott @ Tesla Executive Care and Paul and the technical team @ Manchester South for helpful and engaging involvement and ultimate resolution.

Anyone else getting the mandatory back seat belt buckled chimes?
This is very annoying and I haven’t found a way to turn it off.
Maybe is only for Europe where passengers in the backseat need to wear the seatbelt?

Yes always have from day one, as long as someone is sitting in the back seat. I tossed my suitcase in the backseat Friday and got it, which was annoying. I don't recall getting that before.

[Model S - RWD 2012]
2018.28.5 installed this morning - blank release notes screen as other have noted - rebooted CID by holding the scroll-wheels. Still blank release notes after CID reboot. Did not think much of it.
Drove 100 Miles and the speedo rebooted 7 times while driving - not the CID, the speedo. Now THAT is new behavior.
Cringing as I type this to avoid "me too"'s but: anyone else have the Speedo LCD reboot like this after an update?

[Model S - RWD 2012]
2018.28.5 installed this morning - blank release notes screen as other have noted - rebooted CID by holding the scroll-wheels. Still blank release notes after CID reboot. Did not think much of it.
Drove 100 Miles and the speedo rebooted 7 times while driving - not the CID, the speedo. Now THAT is new behavior.
Cringing as I type this to avoid "me too"'s but: anyone else have the Speedo LCD reboot like this after an update?

Yes, "Me Too". Maybe it only affects Classics? I submitted a voice command Bug Report.

Yes, "Me Too". Maybe it only affects Classics? I submitted a voice command Bug Report.
Phew glad to hear I'm not the only one :) I think this has something to do with the "Autopilot free trial" that is part of the new release - maybe parts of it slipped into the "Classic" code and is causing problems. That's just my $.02 with nothing other than coincidence to support it.