Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After installation of 2017.34, I'm noticing the parallel parking "P" on the instrument cluster showing up a lot more. Pretty much every time I stop near a parallel curb, it shows up. That seems new to me. I haven't actually tried engaging auto park to see what happens. Anybody else notice this?

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
After installation of 2017.34, I'm noticing the parallel parking "P" on the instrument cluster showing up a lot more. Pretty much every time I stop near a parallel curb, it shows up. That seems new to me. I haven't actually tried engaging auto park to see what happens. Anybody else notice this?

I have the auto parking “p” show up in drive through lines as well.

I'm on 2017.34 and I still have issues with the parking detection. I'll try to demo it for people and it seems very temperamental (at least for perpendicular parking which I usually try to show). I haven't quite figured out what it does and doesn't like.
The parking is great when it works, but it just goes soooooo slow.

Oh yeah, it needs some work. There was one time, it tried to do a perpendicular parking in between two cars that were parallel parked. I thought it would parallel park into the empty spot after the 2nd car, nope. It started doing the perpendicular back in and I hit the brakes once I knew what it was trying to do. Oh and there were cars behind me wondering wtf I was doing. Fun times lol

Hi, just got the newest software version 2017.36 1b27c6d with an interesting update : it is now possible to see the power delivered by each supercharger! So it is now easier to find a supercharger with a higher power!
IMG_20170914_102224.jpg

2017.36 - first thing I noticed is my Tesla Waze app no longer can display my location, or cops locations, on the map in the browser. Hopefully this is a fluke, this would SUCK.
I've seen the same for the last several days. As I drive, the map in the browser moves, as if it is still tracking my location, but no icons for me or any incidents or anything. I can't be sure that it coincided with 8.1 though.