Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12AB8C75-B94D-4C64-B45E-C2C7895594E7.jpeg

The version with new NoAP. It is the one single instance appearing on teslafi. I just got the release note from him.

Last edited:
So it looks like the Autosteer Stop Light Warning will work on just the basic Autopilot, with Autosteer engaged? I was thinking all that stop light recognition stuff was for FSD only. Then again maybe because it's just a warning only, and not stopping for you like FSD will??

So it looks like the Autosteer Stop Light Warning will work on just the basic Autopilot, with Autosteer engaged? I was thinking all that stop light recognition stuff was for FSD only. Then again maybe because it's just a warning only, and not stopping for you like FSD will??

That seems to be right- also smart because once it gets decent it might encourage a few FSD upsells

Reactions: JBT66 and Mdoss
I wish they would get people off of 8.3 already. I'm just driving one of my ICE's for now. It's just not worth the hassle of dealing with a screen that turns off while driving and other weirdness that has been happening.

I think I’ve restarted my screen on 2019.8.3 more times than the cumulative restarts over the entire year I’ve had the car. It’s a mess.

Don't know what version Sheryl Crow is using, but she got a black screen, too. Elon replies to her tweet a few times.

Sheryl Crow on Twitter

Of course, hers may have just been a kid putting it on night mode and setting brightness to 0%.

She didn't say exactly what the problem was but from her and Musk response it sounds like her kid changed it to night mode and turned the brightness down to zero, rendering it unusable during the daytime.

However she says a reset didn't fix it so not sure what is up with that.

I spoke to tesla chat, he said 8.5 is not available for me just yet. Hope Tesla will roll out to everyone soon like today.

It gets to your car when it gets there... there's no way to rush it. Best option is to make sure your car is connected to WiFi at home. Tesla will only start a broader roll out to the fleet once they are sure there are no strange edge cases from the handful of vehicles that have received 2019.8.5 so far.