Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this whole thing finally makes sense, sort of... In Elon's mind, Nav on AP is an FSD feature. Because they eliminated the "E" in EAP and redefined NoA as FSD.

So yeah, it was not delivered in August, but using this definition of FSD (as opposed to the definition of FSD that was in force at the time the tweet that is the subject of this thread was made), they sorta delivered the first "FSD" features not too much after August.

But only by redefinining the FSD option package...

Reactions: OPRCE
So this whole thing finally makes sense, sort of... In Elon's mind, Nav on AP is an FSD feature. Because they eliminated the "E" in EAP and redefined NoA as FSD.

So yeah, it was not delivered in August, but using this definition of FSD (as opposed to the definition of FSD that was in force at the time the tweet that is the subject of this thread was made), they sorta delivered the first "FSD" features not too much after August.

But only by redefinining the FSD option package...

I see your point and sadly it seems true. I guess they can dip in to the already recieved FSD cash trough as well since they have changed the definition and have ahhhhhummm delivered FSD features......wow.

Reactions: OPRCE
Time to come back down to earth so you're not too disappointed:) Always best with Elon and Tesla to take the conservative approach and not expect too much.

I know. This was a joke. This thread was started last year in response to Elon's tweet at that time that the first FSD features would be available in August -- presumably August 2018, though he didn't specify. So many people earlier in this thread were joking that he meant August 2019, or August 2020, etc. So here it is, August 2019, and we're still waiting for a single feature which can really be considered exclusive to the FSD package (as it was defined at the time, as opposed to how it was later redefined when they eliminated the EAP option) to be released.

I feel sorry for the company gambling on this full autonomy stuff. It all depends on whether they get the NNs to have sensitivity and specificity at 99.99x%. I don't really know how few wrong interpretations it may take pr 1000 scenarios to compare to a average, sober human? Have any NNs yet achieved that level of precision?

I feel sorry for the company gambling on this full autonomy stuff. It all depends on whether they get the NNs to have sensitivity and specificity at 99.99x%. I don't really know how few wrong interpretations it may take pr 1000 scenarios to compare to a average, sober human? Have any NNs yet achieved that level of precision?
At doing simpler tasks? Yes. Full self driving? Heck no.

At doing simpler tasks? Yes. Full self driving? Heck no.

Yep. I think their definition of “full” may need to be pared back a bit. I’m not talking about roundabouts — I’m about all those times a human looks you in the eye and gives you a signal to move, stop etc - another driver, pedestrian, traffic cop etc. can’t imagine this hardware doing that!!

• Helpful
Reactions: Dutchie and bmah
I was just scanning this thread and noticed it was started in June 2018. If we take the all predictions/forecasts made by The Charlatan visionary (aka Elon) last June 2018 timeframe for v9 release, and compare to what was actually released in v9 last fall (or even what we have today), how far off was/is he, The Charlatan? It's a genuine question as I really don't know, but would assume something like 25% hit rate. Does anyone know for sure? Knowing this might help manage expectations and speculation re the v10 release later this year. I say later this year as I don't believe for a second it will happen this month (August 2019). :)

I was just scanning this thread and noticed it was started in June 2018. If we take the all predictions/forecasts made by The Charlatan visionary (aka Elon) last June 2018 timeframe for v9 release, and compare to what was actually released in v9 last fall (or even what we have today), how far off was/is he, The Charlatan? It's a genuine question as I really don't know, but would assume something like 25% hit rate. Does anyone know for sure? Knowing this might help manage expectations and speculation re the v10 release later this year. I say later this year as I don't believe for a second it will happen this month (August 2019). :)

Hey now, the only “charlatan visionary” around these parts is @diplomat33.

Show some respect.