Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just scanning this thread and noticed it was started in June 2018. If we take the all predictions/forecasts made by The Charlatan visionary (aka Elon) last June 2018 timeframe for v9 release, and compare to what was actually released in v9 last fall (or even what we have today), how far off was/is he, The Charlatan? It's a genuine question as I really don't know, but would assume something like 25% hit rate. Does anyone know for sure? Knowing this might help manage expectations and speculation re the v10 release later this year. I say later this year as I don't believe for a second it will happen this month (August 2019). :)

Well. Based on the original packages that existed for EAP and FSD when this thread started, V9 delivered on 1 EAP feature, which was on ramp to off ramp freeway AP, ala Navigate on Autopilot. Zero FSD features (above and beyond EAP) were released, but Elon did redefine NoA as "FSD on the highway" in a conference call, then Tesla followed up by changing Summon, Autopark, Auto Lane change, and NoA into the new "FSD" package from the old EAP package.

So I go with 0% delivered on the rolling out of FSD features. I dont think the redefinition of EAP features into FSD ones should count. It is instructive, though on what to expect for V10. Answer: not a lot.

Well. Based on the original packages that existed for EAP and FSD when this thread started, V9 delivered on 1 EAP feature, which was on ramp to off ramp freeway AP, ala Navigate on Autopilot. Zero FSD features (above and beyond EAP) were released, but Elon did redefine NoA as "FSD on the highway" in a conference call, then Tesla followed up by changing Summon, Autopark, Auto Lane change, and NoA into the new "FSD" package from the old EAP package.

So I go with 0% delivered on the rolling out of FSD features. I dont think the redefinition of EAP features into FSD ones should count. It is instructive, though on what to expect for V10. Answer: not a lot.

@Az_Rael - Thank you for the constructive input. Greatly appreciated! :)

I was just scanning this thread and noticed it was started in June 2018. If we take the all predictions/forecasts made by The Charlatan visionary (aka Elon) last June 2018 timeframe for v9 release, and compare to what was actually released in v9 last fall (or even what we have today), how far off was/is he, The Charlatan? It's a genuine question as I really don't know, but would assume something like 25% hit rate. Does anyone know for sure? Knowing this might help manage expectations and speculation re the v10 release later this year. I say later this year as I don't believe for a second it will happen this month (August 2019). :)
Zero. For most of us outside of North America, we got blind spot monitoring, and absolutely no new autopilot features, let alone any kind of FSD features. I don't think you'll get anything FSD till V11 at this rate at the earliest, and V12 for the rest of the world.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Zero. For most of us outside of North America, we got blind spot monitoring, and absolutely no new autopilot features, let alone any kind of FSD features. I don't think you'll get anything FSD till V11 at this rate at the earliest, and V12 for the rest of the world.

Ah, he really is a Charlatan after all! I had expected something like 25% delivered, 75% horse $hit/hype to boost 100% margin sales of FSD and cash flow to fund R&D. Many, including me, fell for it.

Ah, he really is a Charlatan after all! I had expected something like 25% delivered, 75% horse $hit/hype to boost 100% margin sales of FSD and cash flow to fund R&D. Many, including me, fell for it.
Hmm I think he's been slowly moving from unrealistically optimistic to not being optimistic about his own optimism and has had to resort to more and more spin...