Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware feature request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted a place to hear people's feature ideas for future firmware. And possible a way to track what crowdsourced features get implemented.

(Mods if there is already a specific thread I could not find it. If so or if not it would make a good sticky)

So let's see what people have brainstormed as possible features.

I would suggest a header as to weather the feature is safety, performance, user interface, autonomous, or brand specific (i.e. A "Tesla" feature) related.

• Disagree
Reactions: Texas
Add warming / thawing items to the app like rear window defroster and subzero heaters AT LEAST WHEN ON SHORE POWER C'MON T-MO !

Allow heated steering wheel setting to be persistent. I'll decide when it's nice out thanks :eek:

Add a waypoint to NAV without ruining your trip.

Add "Avoid Toll Roads / Avoid Freeways" settings in NAV.

And the ultimate... add a scheduler. Pre-charging and/or pack heating etc. it all works we know it c'mon.

Add warming / thawing items to the app like rear window defroster and subzero heaters AT LEAST WHEN ON SHORE POWER C'MON T-MO !

Allow heated steering wheel setting to be persistent. I'll decide when it's nice out thanks :eek:

Add a waypoint to NAV without ruining your trip.

Add "Avoid Toll Roads / Avoid Freeways" settings in NAV.

And the ultimate... add a scheduler. Pre-charging and/or pack heating etc. it all works we know it c'mon.
Autonomous:

I think with Autopilot Tesla could really make some cool NAV algorithms:

Fastest route: shortest route by time, include tools, Hov lanes ect.

Off the beaten path: scenic routes that are picturesque, historical, or hit little gems

Most economical: energy efficient and limited use of paid servic s like tolls and ferries unless they cut a considerable distance off.

Random gem: set a radius and the car takes you on a tour to a random feature, park, lookout, beach ect within the radius you selected.

Today Nav systems limit the burden on the driver, directed nag them on a route with less turns prioritized over efficiency or time. Even when you select an option if provided, the algorithm will still direct you on a simpler route. Tesla using autopilot doesn't have this worry once the cars can navigate other streets and can prioritize limiting distance, or energy consumption.

Reactions: DarrinR and Lex
Reports for indicating total miles driven manually, with TACC and with Autopilot.

Option to hug left, right or center of a lane while in Autopilot.

Visual indicators in the dash representation for oncoming traffic and pedestrians on the side of the road.

Option to close windows and vents automatically when car locks vehicle after walking away from it with FOB in hand.

And stopping at Lights and Stop signs.

Reactions: DarrinR and Lex
Reports for indicating total miles driven manually, with TACC and with Autopilot.

Option to hug left, right or center of a lane while in Autopilot.

Visual indicators in the dash representation for oncoming traffic and pedestrians on the side of the road.

Option to close windows and vents automatically when car locks vehicle after walking away from it with FOB in hand.

And stopping at Lights and Stop signs.

Curious as to why the choice of which line to hug? The system now seams superior too the option you mention?

Curious as to why the choice of which line to hug? The system now seams superior too the option you mention?
Large trucks often run close to the left side of their lane, and often the Tesla does not see the trucks trailer until almost up underneath it when in an adjacent lane. I often disable auto-steering and move to the opposite side, although once detected the tesla can do so likewise, but I prefer not to wait until the vehicle is that close to such a large object. The other reason the car may hug the right lane is that the truck actually obscures the view of the right side lane, making the car begin to hunt for the right lane, inching closer to the truck instead of avoiding it. That is why I would like a preference setting.