TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Firmware feature request

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by EcoHeliGuy, Mar 5, 2016.

1. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

Wanted a place to hear people's feature ideas for future firmware. And possible a way to track what crowdsourced features get implemented.

(Mods if there is already a specific thread I could not find it. If so or if not it would make a good sticky)

So let's see what people have brainstormed as possible features.

I would suggest a header as to weather the feature is safety, performance, user interface, autonomous, or brand specific (i.e. A "Tesla" feature) related.

• Dislike x 1
  2. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

Autonomous:

Auto park or summon that places the hitch ball below the trailer tongue automatically.

• Like x 1
  3. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

Brand specific:

Just a though but probably to gimmicky, what if the drivers side head light carried out a slow single blink when you met an oncoming Tesla as a "wave" gesture. Like a bat of the eye.

• Like x 2
  4. reflexpowerman

reflexpowerman New Member

Rosetta stone app so you can learn another language while commuting

5. M0DEL³

M0DEL³ Dilluting Kool-Aid with Realism daily.

After seeing the Model X Christmas Show, a great Easter egg in the future would be to push a performance editor for composing your own car shows.

6. Roentgen

Roentgen Member

User Interface:

Link keyfobs to driver profile, synced bluetooth phone, and preferably also music favorites profiles.

Please!

• Like x 1
  7. Lex

Lex Member

Add warming / thawing items to the app like rear window defroster and subzero heaters AT LEAST WHEN ON SHORE POWER C'MON T-MO !

Allow heated steering wheel setting to be persistent. I'll decide when it's nice out thanks :eek:

Add a waypoint to NAV without ruining your trip.

Add "Avoid Toll Roads / Avoid Freeways" settings in NAV.

And the ultimate... add a scheduler. Pre-charging and/or pack heating etc. it all works we know it c'mon.

8. Lex

Lex Member

PS sometimes a thread needs to be a new thread. Adding "what we need to fix" to 163 pages of old bugs doesn't make sense to me ;)

edit:
    Then again this thread is titled "Feature Request" so...

9. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

Autonomous:

I think with Autopilot Tesla could really make some cool NAV algorithms:

Fastest route: shortest route by time, include tools, Hov lanes ect.

Off the beaten path: scenic routes that are picturesque, historical, or hit little gems

Most economical: energy efficient and limited use of paid servic s like tolls and ferries unless they cut a considerable distance off.

Random gem: set a radius and the car takes you on a tour to a random feature, park, lookout, beach ect within the radius you selected.

Today Nav systems limit the burden on the driver, directed nag them on a route with less turns prioritized over efficiency or time. Even when you select an option if provided, the algorithm will still direct you on a simpler route. Tesla using autopilot doesn't have this worry once the cars can navigate other streets and can prioritize limiting distance, or energy consumption.

• Like x 2
  10. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Reports for indicating total miles driven manually, with TACC and with Autopilot.

Option to hug left, right or center of a lane while in Autopilot.

Visual indicators in the dash representation for oncoming traffic and pedestrians on the side of the road.

Option to close windows and vents automatically when car locks vehicle after walking away from it with FOB in hand.

And stopping at Lights and Stop signs.

• Like x 2
  11. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado Member

I'd like a heater-off button like the AC-off one so the CC system can be used to circulate air without the heater. And, as mentioned before elsewhere, an end-time charge setting so that people can set when they want the car to finish charging rather than just a start time.

• Like x 3
  12. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Text reading and sending voice recordings or text for BT connected phones.

13. deonb

deonb Active Member

Mine already does that!

Oh, you mean on purpose. Nevermind...

• Funny x 3
  14. fren

fren Member

- just one automatic speed of wiper ( i have on a 308cc i don't need to choose between slow/high speed, it detects rain and the speed is really choosen according to quantity of rain on wiper)
    - gps map ( the small one ) without need of choosing a destination

• Like x 2
  15. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

How about a visual representation of what the car sees in front of it, boxes around cars, people, trucks, objects? so we can be assured the vehicle actually sees those objects.

16. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

Curious as to why the choice of which line to hug? The system now seams superior too the option you mention?

17. Lex

Lex Member

OK with me as long as the 2nd detent is then custom with an on-screen slider... with the slowest possible at one side eg. 1 per minute.

18. Timothy Meredith

A feature or option to tell if a passenger is still in car and leave it/music on, I'll run in stores with boss lady and it turns off every time...

• Like x 1
  19. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Large trucks often run close to the left side of their lane, and often the Tesla does not see the trucks trailer until almost up underneath it when in an adjacent lane. I often disable auto-steering and move to the opposite side, although once detected the tesla can do so likewise, but I prefer not to wait until the vehicle is that close to such a large object. The other reason the car may hug the right lane is that the truck actually obscures the view of the right side lane, making the car begin to hunt for the right lane, inching closer to the truck instead of avoiding it. That is why I would like a preference setting.

20. BBryson

BBryson Member

I have the same issue with my current car (non-Tesla) Lane Keeping Assist. On my new Tesla I would like to see: "Hug Solid Line", if both lines dash or solid then center of the lane.[/QUOTE]

• Like x 1