Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware feature request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Large trucks often run close to the left side of their lane, and often the Tesla does not see the trucks trailer until almost up underneath it when in an adjacent lane. I often disable auto-steering and move to the opposite side, although once detected the tesla can do so likewise, but I prefer not to wait until the vehicle is that close to such a large object. The other reason the car may hug the right lane is that the truck actually obscures the view of the right side lane, making the car begin to hunt for the right lane, inching closer to the truck instead of avoiding it. That is why I would like a preference setting.
You should talk to Tesla about this. I believe their system of finding center is superior. But what you are mentioning is a sensor issue with finding the truck that's above the sensor suite. I gather that the car works perfectly fine beside the tires, but not when below the floor line at the middle of the trailer?

Towing:

By using the falcon wing door sensor on the roof. Automatically set a clearance warning height at 9ft when in tow haul mode. When the Model X senses low clearance it emergency brakes to protect the trailer. And gives an audible warning when close. User could adjust high setting for the trailer default.

Reactions: BBryson
Additional Door Unlock Mode: "Gentleman Mode"

New mode description: When the driver (someone with the key fob) approaches the car from the passenger side, all four doors automatically unlock. When the driver approaches the car from the passenger side, only the driver's door automatically unlocks.

When my wife is with me, I always open the passenger door of the car for her. So, I would like all four doors to unlock. However, when I am by myself, I want the added safety that comes from having only the driver's door unlock. I never want to have to touch the key fob to unlock a door.

Save entry/exit position of steering wheel and driver's seat in driver profile.

Description: Expand the driver profiles to store the enter/exit position of the driver's seat and steering wheel. Many luxury cars support something like this. In the Tesla, allow the driver to set the seat and steering wheel to the desired position when the driver is entering and exiting the car. These positions could then be saved in the driver's profile. When the car is placed in park after driving, the seat/steering would automatically move to the saved enter/exit position. When the driver enters the car and presses the brake pedal, the seat/steering would automatically return to the saved normal driving position.

Reactions: YVR88
The Homelink settings to auto open or close the garage door is great. Now that I have some experience with it I would like a slight change. I have a long driveway. The Visibility of the garage door at the bottom of the hill is limited. So, I would like the ability to set the open location down at the bottom of the drive way. That way the door is open or almost completely open by the time I get up to the top. The close location needs to be up closer to the garage so I can see that it has closed properly while it's still in view. So, the suggesting is that we have the ability to program the close and open locations as two separate locations rather than one.

Thoughts?

Reactions: EVie'sDad
Feature request:
Auto close sunroof when sense rain (or other moisture).

How many times do you leave the roof open and just forget about it only to find buckets of water rained inside your car? Tesla can prevent this from happening to us by automatically closing the roof when the wiper rain sensor detects the presence is water (especially when the car is turned off).

How about automatic window roll-up when locking the vehicle when you walk away. I find myself always have to check to make sure I rolled each one back up, as the car will lock itself, but does not secure the windows so the car really isn't fully locked.

Reactions: markn455
My Miata displays the speed limit from a database. The AP1 and AP2 get their speed limit information from database and reading the signs.
I would like to see the AP1 and AP2 cars upload speed limit data, once home, and that made available for download to pre AP cars. It is wired for me to go from a $30,000 car with no datalink to a High tech car with datalink and not have this feature. If nothing else, make it available via the google maps. It seems crazy to run the Waze app on my phone when we have a 17" display.

John

Reactions: markn455
How about automatic window roll-up when locking the vehicle when you walk away. I find myself always have to check to make sure I rolled each one back up, as the car will lock itself, but does not secure the windows so the car really isn't fully locked.
Add me to that list. Should be an option in settings to auto close everything on lock of car BMW have had the feature for years. Press and hold lock to close open windows.

Reactions: EVie'sDad and YVR88
Here are items that need to be addressed:

-Option to automatically turn on steering wheel heat, windows, etc below a certain temperature.
-Chording key strokes to turn on steering wheel heat without touch screen (my porsche has a separate button on steering wheel)
-Voice command for cold weather controls
-Override on keyfob to open doors wider / at all (snow and ice play havoc with door sensors; no fun to carry two toddlers and climb around car to override doors!)
-Integrate backup camera into 360 degree view of obstacles
-Do not have calendar pop-up while in reverse (nice to have when I enter car, but it (and all other apps) should go away when backing up)
-Display arrival time and arrival charge in HUD display of Nav
-Display touchscreen energy consumption in HUD
-some mechanism for rear seat passengers to control their own seat heaters (optional usb connected screen for middle row in X???)
-reintroduce audible alert to hold steering wheel in autopilot (I look out window, not at HUD while on autopilot !!!!)
-put rearview mirror heaters on touch screen (seriously, they have an always present button but steering wheel does not!!!!)
-a timer for climate control in app (i.e. keep interior cabin at 70 degrees for 30 minutes)

Reactions: Lex
Agree that would be helpful.

Any idea when the revised app for iPhone & Andriod phones will be released. They could add lots of these features inside it.

Being able to pre heat seats and streering wheel would be a great plus.

Love the valet feature especially as most hotels want to valet your car if you require it to be charged.

I have the same issue with my current car (non-Tesla) Lane Keeping Assist. On my new Tesla I would like to see: "Hug Solid Line", if both lines dash or solid then center of the lane.
[/QUOTE]

Also to avoid 'truck lust' where the car does not detect the back trailer of a truck or moves uncomfortably close to the trailers wheels, the car should move slightly to the left side of the lane, AND in the event of lane splitting motor-cylces coming up behind the car (now legal in California), the car again needs to move slightly left to give the bikers a wider berth.

They really need to add the ability to turn on the defrosters (windows, mirrors, wipers) from the app. This has been requested by pretty much everybody I know here in Norway since the first Tesla arrived. As it stands right now, during winter, we have to start preheating the car from the app, then when the doors can be opened we have to go out, open the car, turn on the defrosters, leave the key in the car along with something heavy on the seat, and then go back inside and wait for the car to be completely defrosted.

The alternative is to let the car run with full heat for 1 hour+.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I am in some kind of ICE monstrosity rental while my Autopilot gets worked on... but it has Apple CarPlay and I must say it's not completely stupid and intrusive. There are some decent features. So I say let's not wait for "dream state" but let's add the CarPlay and the Android equiv. now not later.

We are not going to get iOS touchscreen control just because Elon asksfor it in a tweet...

A simple black screen, would be nice!

Like this:
IMG_5779.JPG

Most of the time i drive the same roads, so I don't want to have anithing in my sight while driving, especially at night.

A simple black screen would do it.

And no, the display cleaning is not good for that, because to control heating or anything else, you have to disable it via pressing several minutes on the middle of the screen, what's not save while driving.

Easy and nice to have would be some backgrounds fitting the interior trim (carbon, etc.). But only black like above would do it.

Reactions: Casavant